Ghost Fett ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 3

F8BE2D2F-A7B8-460D-BD43-FE9BD9D179CA.jpeg

Hey Ghost Fett, is the abb plate attached to the inside of the chest piece? Does that make it hard to move around in? Great job on the weathering.....

Hey Ghost Fett, is the abb plate attached to the inside of the chest piece? Does that make it hard to move around in? Great job on the weathering.....

Hi man I hope you are well! The ab plate is attached under the chest plate. (I knew this wasn’t the way andrew dft did it) but I wanted to wear an actual web belt and I’m going to put ammo pouches over the ab section anyway. (The big m16 looking black ammo pouches). And actually just because of the nonsense that it was putting this on with duck tape my waistline is way higher here. I pulled my pants up higher just to straighten out the thigh pieces. The ab plate ends right below my stomach and I can actually still touch my toes. (Another reason I wanted to push that plate up a bit so I actually could bend over).

I wanted to add the “drop cod” armor and the “hip” Armor plates from halo 3 odst to my Web belt when I get it in. I’m not 100 percent accurate to one or the other halo reach or halo 3 but hopefully a have a little leeway? Not sure exactly what the rules are here for editing the armor a bit. I would love anyone’s opinion. By the end I will be about 80 percent halo reach with about 10 percent halo 3 and another 10 percent add ons (scarf, ammo bags, grenades). Is this acceptable?

Hey, mix and match armor. If they can do in game mix and match....so can we. I'm actually going to steal that idea for my daughter's ODSK......and yes I did say ODSK.

Hey, mix and match armor. If they can do in game mix and match....so can we. I'm actually going to steal that idea for my daughter's ODSK......and yes I did say ODSK.

Definitely! I’m short 5’6” so the ab plate trick did help me with some maneuverability. It would be a good trick on someone smaller!

Are you Canadian? Daughter is 5'8"....and only 13........we grow then tall in my family as she is the shortest one out of the bunch......3000!!!!

Hey I use dupicolor gunmetal for the outermost layer and krylon metallic silver for the silver. With a black wash with black acrylic. The red is a rustoleum burgendy.
Thanks for the reply, I really like the way you did the weathering and wasn't sure if it was silver or white as i know some people use white when weathering but after seeing yours ill go with silver thanks again :)

Thanks for the reply, I really like the way you did the weathering and wasn't sure if it was silver or white as i know some people use white when weathering but after seeing yours ill go with silver thanks again :)

For sure brother good luck! Oh and small tip I learned.. naturally you would think silver base coat- top coat- then blackwash but I realized quick that what was happening was the topical blackwash was actually really dulling out my metallic silver. So I did silver base coat- gunmetal grey- then I did the black wash to darken all the seems and recessed areas then I went in with the metallic silver topically and it shines. (basically don’t do a blackwash over the silver highlights it makes it all grey and dull)

Last edited:
For sure brother good luck! Oh and small tip I learned.. naturally you would think silver base coat- top coat- then blackwash but I realized quick that what was happening was the topical blackwash was actually really dulling out my metallic silver. So I did silver base coat- gunmetal grey- then I did the black wash to darken all the seems and recessed areas then I went in with the metallic silver topically and it shines. (basically don’t do a blackwash over the silver highlights it makes it all grey and dull)
Awesome I should be painting by next week so this will help a lot thanks for the tip.

Here’s my progress on the shoulders. Clips are made out of EVA foam and then I took straps from a Walmart backpack cut them off and dyed them a grey color. Still have to sow the 1inch web on here that’s why it appears loose but it’s on its way.

9F2B69DE-6E15-4742-817A-BC291B4F9DB5.png

836C6092-441C-428B-9564-92D64B769BB9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back