Giant Robots: Gundam, Macross, Big O, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zXTOKENXz

Jr Member
I don't know if there is already a website for this but if anyone has any peps or 3d models could you post them here. I know there is a specific section for this, but the request area is like 100+ pages. just trying to make it easier on people out there.

what im looking for out of this:

Death Scythe(gundam wing)
Big O(Big O)

The Gundam folder should either be a ZIP or RAR folder inside the folder is the OBJ files I think is what I saved them as which just about any 3D Modelling program should open the Freedom which is a MAX file is'nt in that Gundam folder I have it on my 4shared though.

No Big O is someplace on my PC not on my 4shared yet and I won't be uploading him until around the 8th because my broadband allowance on my computer has run out and I am on dial up till the 8th.

How are they not opening? Because they are .obj files, just click "File" (at the top), "Import," ".obj," then the directory pops up, go through it to find the right file, click the file you want imported, then click "Import File."

Extra information: all non-.blend files are only openable through "Import," all .blend (and .blend1) files are opened through "Open."

And another edit: the files to be imported and/or opened cannot be in a zipped or otherwise compressed folder. They have to be extracted into a normal folder first.

it might be my blender cuz i try to open it and it jus freezes up....
No, it's not your Blender. It froze mine up too, but then it imported shortly after. Some of the files are so detailed they just take time to import.

EDIT: I guess I should have refreshed the page, so I would have noticed that Nintendude said practically the same thing right before me.

Detailed is probably the smallest word I would have used, Probably heavy HD is what I would have used don't remember how many polys the Freedom Gundam that I have is I think over 80-100k polys, but hey if you can simplify and break down the parts I'll help with the unfold look at JUICE's RX-78 files if you want to find out what I mean by making it more simple.

is there any blender tutorials you guys know of? Nintendude you are a god for getting this stuff. i would really like to get into this modeling stuff im just having a hard time finding how tos......

Not sure if you can see it or not in Blender I never messed with it, but you should look for a place called groups which will be the group sections of the 3d model and you will want to remove all but one group at a time saving the file of the part seperate from the original name of the file so you don't overwrite the original also if you do Ctrl-Z I think that will undo all the removing of groups so you can go for a different part to save. Once you have all of one character broke up put the parts into a ZIP and save it to 4Shared or another file sharing site and share the link to the parts here so people can unfold the armor.

Blender is giving me some trouble. It might be because im using 2.5, if anyone could help me out please PM me or just respond to this.

I'm currently trying to break apart the death scythe model. I can literally hear my brain sloshing around in my head :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back