Gloves Mark 6 Halo 3

Rapha

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my Mark 6 Halo 3 armor:
I just glued the three parts for the glove. Now I have 1. the "Glove", 2. the "Glove Foam" and 3. the "Glove Silhouette Cameo". How do I put the three parts together? Do I even need the parts called "Silhouette Cameo"?
I use the Standard One from this armory (5 Star Rating)

Now I’m on mobile rn so I can’t open the files, but it sounds like there are 3 different pdo files in the zip folder. “Glove” would be for making the glove with the “pepakura” method; cutting the template out of card stock, gluing it together, and hardening it. “Glove foam” would be the file to use if you want to use the “foam” method; tracing templates on to EVA foam, cutting the foam shapes, gluing them together. I’m not entirely sure what “silhouette cameo” is used for. I’m sure one of the other 405th members might know though!

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any more questions

To confirm, you are using these files?

The files in here are broken up into 3 sections, Pepakura, Foam, and Silhouette Cameo optimized. Each of these three groups of files are intended to be used with each of the same type and each is a complete suit in that build style. So, all the regular .PDOs are intended to be sued with each and will produce a complete suit in the standard pep style. All the Foam files are intended to be used with each other and will be be used to make a suit out of Foam. The same for the Silhouette Cameo files, which are optimized to be cut out by a Silhouette Cameo machine to save you from having to cut out all the pieces by hand.

So, you do not need to use all 3 versions of each file to make a complete piece.

You need to identity which method you are using, like Nate described above, Pepakura or Foam, and then only use the files for that method. If you are doing Pep you don't need the Foam files and if you are doing foam, you don't need the files that do not have "FOAM" in the file name.

I'm going to bet you don't own a Silhouette Cameo cutter, so, just ignore those files.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Normally, the three parts should be very different. I transferred all three templates onto EVA foam, cut them out and glued them together according to the markings on Pepakura. The foam template is almost identical to the "Silhouette Cameo" template. The glove template, on the other hand, looks completely different. It just looks to me as if I now have to glue the glove template onto the foam template.
I'll upload photos of the three parts after work. Maybe that will help. I'm finding it very difficult to explain.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Normally, the three parts should be very different. I transferred all three templates onto EVA foam, cut them out and glued them together according to the markings on Pepakura. The foam template is almost identical to the "Silhouette Cameo" template. The glove template, on the other hand, looks completely different. It just looks to me as if I now have to glue the glove template onto the foam template.
I'll upload photos of the three parts after work. Maybe that will help. I'm finding it very difficult to explain.
If you are doing a Foam suit, only use the files with "Foam" in the name.
You do not need to combine them with the standard Pep or Silhouette files.

Thank you very much! So I don't have to study rocket science to understand how to make these three parts into one.
I use Pepakura Designer and transfer everything onto EVA foam. Do I have to use the Pepakura template for the "Glove" or the "Glove Foam" template?

I would also recommend taking a look at this thread:

It shows the difference between the standard pepakura files, and those that have been optimized for the Foam method.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back