Gonna tackle an Elite Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats an awesome idea! Im gonna try it. I just back back home from out of town so hopefully I can get my helmet done by monday. Then start on the body suit.

*sigh*

You guys are making this very complicated from what I've seen thus far.
It's difficult enough without adding all the components you're trying to add.

Easiest thing to do.
Buy stilts (the bouncy ones), make a muscle suit.

Materials for muscle suit:
-Fabric (black colored)
-Foam (for the muscles)

Hands:
-been posted here already, i used it.

-for the head:
best to go with something do-able.
fiberglassed pepakura might work, but i'd lay the cloth you used for the body of the head to keep the costume the same consistancy.

You could do a pepakura suit, but it would look awkward.
Just my 2 cents, I should know because I'm 1/6th of the way done with my elite.

Sarge Christi said:
*sigh*

You guys are making this very complicated from what I've seen thus far.
It's difficult enough without adding all the components you're trying to add.

Easiest thing to do.
Buy stilts (the bouncy ones), make a muscle suit.

Materials for muscle suit:
-Fabric (black colored)
-Foam (for the muscles)
Hands:
-been posted here already, i used it.

-for the head:
best to go with something do-able.
fiberglassed pepakura might work, but i'd lay the cloth you used for the body of the head to keep the costume the same consistancy.
You could do a pepakura suit, but it would look awkward.
Just my 2 cents, I should know because I'm 1/6th of the way done with my elite.
I like your 2 cents but the stilts that he has found are more in shape with elites and bouncing stilts may cause problems...

And for muscle suits, we are just trying to figure out what we can build it upon... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarge Christi, do you have any pictures of your elite?

Iam hoping to get my muscle suit tomorrow. After I finish that all i have to do is make the stilts, head, and rest of the armor. So basically I have alot to do.

I also think the bouncy stilts might be the best for this. The before mentioned werewolf stilts would work much better for an elite.

Macattack64, you should join us in making an elite! Your pep MC armor is awesome, so now you need a new project! :lol:

My costume?? No.
I don't even have a camera right now, lol.

Can you show a picture of the muscle suit you're buying?

Also, I'm just trying to show the easiest way to make an elite. People seem to get very complicated ideas in this topic.
It's really not that hard to make, you just need some dedication.

Sarge Christi said:
My costume?? No.
I don't even have a camera right now, lol.

Can you show a picture of the muscle suit you're buying?
Also, I'm just trying to show the easiest way to make an elite. People seem to get very complicated ideas in this topic.
It's really not that hard to make, you just need some dedication.

I dont have any pics yet but hopefully I will get a few tomorrow.

You are right, its not that complicated, its just gonna take some time and dedication.

Elite-B17 said:
I dont have any pics yet but hopefully I will get a few tomorrow.

You are right, its not that complicated, its just gonna take some time and dedication.
I'm gonna build a AR and maybe a BR too... I'm gonna try to put some LEDs on my helmet and also I gotta focus on school work... I'm gonna be making the AR cuz I'm ground from the box... :p

Also gotta make new strapping for the suit..

We need a strapping tutorial... Cuz people will make their armor and then WTF do you do with it... :p

you guys aren't going to find a good muscle suit. I had this same problem when I was making my predator costume, I looked, looked and looked some more but no luck, but its really easy to make one. you'll just need to have sewing skills. But Christi, didn't you make your using a wire frame?

I'm back from snowball and I came home and finished my elite head pepakura. I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to get the pix off of her computer. For the muscle suit, I'm thinking of just using a regular halloween muscle suit (incredibles costume?) and building on that, since a lot of armor will hide all that anyways.

papamurf812 said:
I'm back from snowball and I came home and finished my elite head pepakura. I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to get the pix off of her computer. For the muscle suit, I'm thinking of just using a regular halloween muscle suit (incredibles costume?) and building on that, since a lot of armor will hide all that anyways.
I think it might be easier to buy a compression like... underarmor long sleeves shirt and sew muscles on to that...

You might be right about just buying a compression suit but they are expensive. Im still shooting for the halloween muscle suit.

papamurf812, glad to see you back! Cant wait to see the pics!

Here's the pix:

gallery_2106_101_90437.jpg

gallery_2106_101_35244.jpg

gallery_2106_101_93536.jpg

gallery_2106_101_91190.jpg

gallery_2106_101_117978.jpg

I think I got the files from the "un-godly file".

I'll check once I get home.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the muscles, I can't decide which method to use. If I can, I'm gonna try to make a hand using that tutorial. I'm going to cover the head in whatever fabric/ material I use for the skin, I'm just using the pep as the skull. Once I get home, I'm gonna attach it to a helmet if I can find a suitable one. Hope to get updates up soon.

Elite-B17 said:
You might be right about just buying a compression suit but they are expensive. Im still shooting for the halloween muscle suit.

papamurf812, glad to see you back! Cant wait to see the pics!
I'm talking about underarmor not those ones... The one I used for under my suit... $25 for it... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back