Grif from RvB cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good so far can't wait to see it finished, I've always loved griff in red vs blue

helmet, chest piece, the two forearms pieces, and the hand gourds. I wanted to get it all done in time for PAX Prime
finish those and go as a lazy Grif to PAX. I have a team red tee shirt that I am going to wear underneath and I wanted to know what you all thought of that idea?

My 2cents?
Finish the helmet all the way- sand and paint it, visor, fans, the whole 9yards.
With even just that one piece done you can pull off a lazy Grif in a guns4hire kind of way for Pax if you dont have time.
Or, like you said, go full-lazy Griff with sweatpants, bathrobe & Helmet.
You dont even need a prop weapon,. just a box of donuts or cookies "PROPERTY OF GRIF- HANDS OFF!" is all you need.

Or finish the helmet, and get a GRIFSHOT prop done.
With just those 2 you can pull off a decent look with just about anything else for a costume-
Saturday Morning Grif
Mercenary Duster Grif
Camopants & RedArmyTee Grif
... really, you can make any outfit work if you got the Helmet and Grifshot

I liked your idea about just finishing the helmet and the whole bathrobe idea.
I tried really hard to get the helmet finished in time but due to some other things going on in my life I was unable to finish the helmet.
The helmet is almost finished, I have about 75 to 80% of the helmet fiberglassed but since PAX was this weekend I couldn't get it ready in time.

- - - Updated - - -

My 2cents?
Finish the helmet all the way- sand and paint it, visor, fans, the whole 9yards.
With even just that one piece done you can pull off a lazy Grif in a guns4hire kind of way for Pax if you dont have time.
Or, like you said, go full-lazy Griff with sweatpants, bathrobe & Helmet.
You dont even need a prop weapon,. just a box of donuts or cookies "PROPERTY OF GRIF- HANDS OFF!" is all you need.

Or finish the helmet, and get a GRIFSHOT prop done.
With just those 2 you can pull off a decent look with just about anything else for a costume-
Saturday Morning Grif
Mercenary Duster Grif
Camopants & RedArmyTee Grif
... really, you can make any outfit work if you got the Helmet and Grifshot

I liked your idea about just finishing the helmet and the whole bathrobe idea.
I tried really hard to get the helmet finished in time but due to some other things going on in my life I was unable to finish the helmet.
The helmet is almost finished, I have about 75 to 80% of the helmet fiberglassed but since PAX was this weekend I couldn't get it ready in time.

I just got back from PAX and I had the honor of meeting Gus and Geoff.

20160903_140918.jpg

I also did something that is going to add to my Grif cosplay and I was complimented by Gus and Geoff that I am going to be doing something that they have never seen done for a cosplay in the 13 years of them being around. I don't want to announce it until I finish it. I am really excited to finish it now as well as I would love to share it with all of you.

Its been awhile since I have posted on here and I am working on my armor again now that it is warm where I live and I can fiberglass and bondo. As of right now I have 5 pieces fully fiberglassed. I am working on the chest piece. It is taking awhile so once I have it all done I will post some photos of my progression.

I have finally gotten a chance to work on my armor now that the weather is nice where I live, I dont't have much time during the year to do the fiberglassing and bondoing due to my living arrangements so I am making the best of the time I have. I have since my last post fiberglass and rondoed the pieces in the photos, a little over kill I know but I don't want my parts to brake on me, and I have started to do the bondo and shaping portion on some of the pieces and I am hoping to get as much done for you all as possible. If any of you have any suggestions I am all ears, I would like to finish this sooner rather then later

20170709_191824.jpg

20170709_191836.jpg

20170709_191843.jpg

20170716_174656.jpg

I have finished two pieces of the armor, the hard guards. I still need to connect them to gloves, any suggestions on how to attach them to gloves? Let me know what you all think.

20170718_190953.jpg

I was able to finish three of my pieces today, I am surprised at how they are turning out. If any one see anything I should fix let me know. Here are one of the handguard and the left forearm

20170720_122517.jpg

20170720_122537.jpg

20170720_122552.jpg

20170720_122600.jpg

Ynot44, nice work. Not sure if you need to change anything. The weathering is great but I would say to alternate directions of your brush strokes......not perpendicular mind you, just give the impression of scraping from different angles.

Those piece came out very nice. Like Dirtdives said the forearm piece looks kind of sanded not worn. They just need some scrapes And scratches in other directions. The handplates don't seem to have this problem they came out great.

Ynot44, nice work. Not sure if you need to change anything. The weathering is great but I would say to alternate directions of your brush strokes......not perpendicular mind you, just give the impression of scraping from different angles.

Thank you for the suggestion, I went and added some alternative brush strokes on the forearm and now it does look more realistic. I was able to take a photo of it before work but I am planning on doing the same thing on the other right forearm.

That PEP looks clean. The cleaner the pep is the easier and better the finished product will be. Good job

Those pieces turned out looking great! Nice to see people with more time than me getting something productive done with those models. I've had no time at all lately to continue working on additional Mk VI armor parts, but hoping to eventually have high-detail files made for the entire suit. Yours are turning out nice.

Those pieces turned out looking great! Nice to see people with more time than me getting something productive done with those models. I've had no time at all lately to continue working on additional Mk VI armor parts, but hoping to eventually have high-detail files made for the entire suit. Yours are turning out nice.
Thank you very much. I really enjoy the models that you created RobotChicken I ended up stop working on my armor September or October of last year due to some unfortunate weight gaining due to an injury. I just got back from PAX West and saw some of you throughout the convention and decided to try my armor on since I have lost a lot of weight since last year and to my surprise it fits..... I am majory behind on my build now and I am going to try and finally finish it for PAX next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back