Guinness book of excuses

I am not working on my sniper rifle or suit because im constantly busy so when i come to work where I can just relax, i use to actually relax and not work on projects. Also the printers i have are constantly screwing up and messing up prints when they finally print suit parts...I do have a decent amount of the parts but not the big items.
Hang in there! I hope those printers start behaving and work becomes less exhausting

Shadowshail, I have a box of misc parts to get to you, if you or Tomboy can use them.
Oooh! that would be awesome!

Hang in there! I hope those printers start behaving and work becomes less exhausting
Im trying lol someone is coming to help me tune them up this month but overnight i got a thermal runaway error so now im working on replacing that part today as well...its like i can never get a break with these.

The reason I'm not working on cosplay right now is partly that it's after midnight and I need to go to bed at some point soon. But also that I'm at the stage of painting or will be. I've been waffling on whether to do one more coat of filler-primer and I think I'm going to go for it just to really make it nice and smooth. But that's something I prefer to do earlier in the day when I'm not sleepy and, perhaps more importantly, can leave the workspace open to ventilate a bit better. (Can't really do that at night. Don't need people or animals getting in there.)

Also, not going to lie, am a bit worried about painting. It's like the critical step where all the other stuff has lead up to this point. This is where it "matters" because this is what people will see. And I want it to look nice. And at present it looks like I can't even get more of the paint if I wanted to (according to the website they have none of the colour I'm using left in stock with no idea if/when there might be a restock).

I just finished my con craziness (Toronto FanExpo and Ottawa ComicCon two weeks apart) and the house looks like a cosplay bomb went off in it. :lol: So I can't work on any new costumes until I get that all cleaned up. I also really need to finish cleaning out the spare room for painting so that it can become my full-time sewing room so that I can get all of that stuff out of the rest of the house (it's currently scattered around the living and dining room). Then I need to focus on Halloween sewing projects. Then Christmas ones (I have a skirt I started last year that didn't get done in time for Christmas and I've been ignoring it ever since!). And then I hope I can get started on some armour! (Or maybe find some new excuses... :lol:)

I just finished my con craziness (Toronto FanExpo and Ottawa ComicCon two weeks apart) and the house looks like a cosplay bomb went off in it. :lol: So I can't work on any new costumes until I get that all cleaned up. I also really need to finish cleaning out the spare room for painting so that it can become my full-time sewing room so that I can get all of that stuff out of the rest of the house (it's currently scattered around the living and dining room). Then I need to focus on Halloween sewing projects. Then Christmas ones (I have a skirt I started last year that didn't get done in time for Christmas and I've been ignoring it ever since!). And then I hope I can get started on some armour! (Or maybe find some new excuses... :lol:)
Oooooo a dedicated sewing room sounds exciting!

Best of luck on your big to-do list!

Oooooo a dedicated sewing room sounds exciting!

Best of luck on your big to-do list!
Thanks! Our spare room used to be a guest room but we've literally only had overnight guests 3 times in the almost 17 years we've lived here, so there's no point in having a giant bed taking up all the space in there. Eventually there will be a giant table for sewing instead, lol. The process is slow (because of procrastination, work, and chronic pain!) but hopefully I can get it done before the end of the year.

Having a WFH job on top of a full time job really gets in the way, lol. Also, one of my (three) children is still in his terrific twos and is incredibly curious and fearless, so I spend most of my afternoons hanging out with him and helping my second graders with homework, while my evenings are taken up with video projects.

I usually only get to work on my suit very early in the morning or very late at night, which has been harder lately with paid work piling up. I've got a Halloween deadline so I'm kind of down to the wire, but thankfully I'm in the painting/weathering stage.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back