Halo 2/Halo 3 ODST hybrid; foam build

Slayer241489

Hey guys, I made some halo 3 odst shoulder and chest out of foam from the armory and slapped them onto my previous halo 2 odst cosplay as a last minute halo 3 odst cosplay for halloween and twin cities con this week. I plan to work put more work into it as the year goes by so it looks more accurate. I was pretty harsh about it because of how rushed I felt, calling it "poopie". But it doesnt look too shabby! (Still a little nervous about having a smg prop so finger gun is best I can do)
1698930488436.png
1698930532507.png
1698930583289.png

The SMG isn't too difficult, especially if you just want a static prop that doesn't have a removable magazine. Just take it slow and be careful and you'll do just fine.

You got this man! Your suit looks great!
Ha ha thanks but I meant I was nervous about carrying prop guns cuz I don't want the cops called on me. I'm still new the cosplaying so I'm nervous about carrying weapons even if they're fake foam guns. I feel like someone could still mistake them for real guns

Ha ha thanks but I meant I was nervous about carrying prop guns cuz I don't want the cops called on me. I'm still new the cosplaying so I'm nervous about carrying weapons even if they're fake foam guns. I feel like someone could still mistake them for real guns
That's an absolutely valid concern. I wouldn't take out any prop guns unless it was obvious they were props, or somewhere they are allowed such as a convention. Theres always the option of having an orange barrel, but you could also try to make an energy sword or something, just a few suggestions!

Looks pretty good! The H2 helmet with the H3 armor pieces is a combination that you don't see too much of, which I think is pretty unfortunate since they match very well. Do you know what brand of pouches those are on your belt? Asking since I'm looking for some on my own project and I think they'd be a nice fit.

I have this worry too when it comes to props, so you're definitely not alone. I know JammedMite brought up an energy sword, but if you want a weapon alternative that's distinctly alien, you could go with a plasma pistol like that one guy had in A Day At The Beach. Either way, you've got a solid costume, and I'm looking forward to see how it evolves going forward.
800px-H2A_Beach_-_Noob_Combo.jpg

Ah. Right!

Sorry, I totally misunderstood that!

Unless you're doing something you shouldn't, or are somewhere they asked you not to, a prop gun isn't going to get you in that much trouble while you're in costume.

But I totally get it man. Best to play it safe.

Looks pretty good! The H2 helmet with the H3 armor pieces is a combination that you don't see too much of, which I think is pretty unfortunate since they match very well. Do you know what brand of pouches those are on your belt? Asking since I'm looking for some on my own project and I think they'd be a nice fit.

I have this worry too when it comes to props, so you're definitely not alone. I know JammedMite brought up an energy sword, but if you want a weapon alternative that's distinctly alien, you could go with a plasma pistol like that one guy had in A Day At The Beach. Either way, you've got a solid costume, and I'm looking forward to see how it evolves going forward.
View attachment 338004
I actually did carry around a laser tag plasma pistol at one point for 2D con; I do hope to have a foam SMG when I get to pax west. The pouches on the belt were taken from this police belt Amazon.com
I had two of these and just took the pouches from both of them and glued them all on the a belt that had everything removed. The bigger pouches towards the back were two of these or something similar to this Amazon.com

I actually did carry around a laser tag plasma pistol at one point for 2D con; I do hope to have a foam SMG when I get to pax west. The pouches on the belt were taken from this police belt Amazon.com
I had two of these and just took the pouches from both of them and glued them all on the a belt that had everything removed. The bigger pouches towards the back were two of these or something similar to this Amazon.com
Amazon.com i also bought two of these as the leg pouches

Hey guys, I made some halo 3 odst shoulder and chest out of foam from the armory and slapped them onto my previous halo 2 odst cosplay as a last minute halo 3 odst cosplay for halloween and twin cities con this week. I plan to work put more work into it as the year goes by so it looks more accurate. I was pretty harsh about it because of how rushed I felt, calling it "poopie". But it doesnt look too shabby! (Still a little nervous about having a smg prop so finger gun is best I can do)
View attachment 337953View attachment 337954View attachment 337955
First off, my guy this looks amazing! Second, Twin Cities Con you say? We'll see you there Helljumper, always nice to have more folks showing up at the local cons!

I heard about a Shock Trooper being at last twin cities con, but I must have missed you. Nice to see how the armor looked!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back