Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperballistik

I know I haven't had a build thread going on for a while so since im finally building something Halo related once again figured I would show my progress on a Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet. I decided to build this one since I already built the Halo 4 Master Chief helmet and wanted to stay with the theme I guess. This helmet was modeled by Harnor and edited by Satchmo, I decided to use this model because its plain and I like a blank canvas to do my detail work on, so as you can see I removed any details that stuck out to far or were wrong compared to the game pics, so far it has been hardened and im prety much done smoothing out the whole helmet, it does have some spots here and there where it will need spot putty filler but all the bondo work for smoothing is finished. I like working on a smooth helmet before I start adding details, I guess its just prefrence, anyways enough about my methods and prefrences, here is some pics

2012-07-09214625.jpg

Here is the pep in all its glory, thanks to FSracer for peping this for me, saved me a ton of time

529486_387648741297996_1487262918_n.jpg

Had to remove those little details on the front top, they were reallyt off from the refrence pics so thats why there are holes in the helmet, also this is the begining stages of the smoothing process

And this is where the helmet is at this point, all ready to start the detailing nightmare, I will be modifying a few things here and there as I progress but at least the bondo work is finished till I mess it up during the detailing stages
DSC05905.jpg

DSC05909.jpg

DSC05908.jpg

DSC05907.jpg

DSC05906.jpg

Thanks for cjhecking my build out, I should have more updates soon

Well I have update pics for the Spartan 4 helmet, I had to do some major work to the nose/mouth area, the pep looked a bit off so I fixed that, also did some detail work on the top (circle things) and hours of detail work on the lower sides and upper sides, I also had to raise the forehead area up some, that wasn't on the pep model I haven't had a chance to mess with the back but that is going to change soon, this helmet is a detail nightmare and very hard to work with, but it will look like it came out of the game when im done with it Darnit!!!!!!!!!:)

Here are some update photos
DSC05931.jpg

DSC05929.jpg

DSC05930.jpg

DSC05932.jpg

DSC05937.jpg

DSC05938.jpg

DSC05936.jpg

Well thats it for now, I should have more progress photos in a few days, I still have a ways to go but its getting there.

There is a god.....

Superb work, saw this on stonyprops a little while ago. Very much looking forward to this helmet getting done!

By The Sacred Rings!

That helmet is awesome as heck, dude!!

I really enjoy seeing props in their primer stages. It makes them look awesome!

Hyper, your work is incredible and inspiring as always.

What's the secret with this build? Did you do all that detail in bondo, or are you cutting/gluing things onto the helmet? It looks incredible.

There is a god.....

Superb work, saw this on stonyprops a little while ago. Very much looking forward to this helmet getting done!

Thanks man

By The Sacred Rings!

That helmet is awesome as heck, dude!!

I really enjoy seeing props in their primer stages. It makes them look awesome!

I enjoy the primer to, mean I don't have to paint it the correct colors lol

Hyper, your work is incredible and inspiring as always.

What's the secret with this build? Did you do all that detail in bondo, or are you cutting/gluing things onto the helmet? It looks incredible.

Thanks, and really no secret, its a mixture of bondo, sculpting clay and sintra for the strap looking things on the sides, I have alot of sculpting clay on the helmet, the stuff is perfect for changing shapes on the helmet

I said it on facebook and I say here, awesome job for a moment I thought it was a 3D design

Lo dije en facebook y lo digo aqui, trabajo impresionante por un momento crei que era un dibujo 3D

Man . those details . amazing. how long did u need to make it so far? just curious .

damn good work dude!

Looks epic dude love all the detail you've added
Thanks

I said it on facebook and I say here, awesome job for a moment I thought it was a 3D design

Lo dije en facebook y lo digo aqui, trabajo impresionante por un momento crei que era un dibujo 3D
Thanks I appreciate it

Man . those details . amazing. how long did u need to make it so far? just curious .
damn good work dude!
At the time of those pics I was 2 weeks into the build

Well I got most of the helmet finished and about ready to paint, I still can add work on the details to go for a more game accurate look but im rushing this helmet so FSracer can use it with his Spartan IV Foam suit for DragonCon, after Dcon I may add the misiing details in the cheek areas, I think I will have to mold this helmet as it has gained alot of weight due to all the Bondo and sculpting clay work on it to make a lighter helmet that will be much more ttolerable to wear for long periods of time, I should have pics up in a few days of the painted helmet, hope you guys like it so far

DSC05943.jpg

DSC05944.jpg

DSC05942.jpg

DSC05941.jpg

DSC05940.jpg

Oh my this just keeps getting better and better! I'm actually starting to love this helmet (still not there with the rest of the armor, but this helmet is awesome). Keep going!! Can't wait to see more.

Those details are absolutely nuts... I can't believe how well crafted your work is. After looking at how smooth and pristine your work is I kinda want to chuck my build and start over ha! Looks amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back