Halo 4 Spartan IV helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.
075.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do Continue!

Oh my this just keeps getting better and better! I'm actually starting to love this helmet (still not there with the rest of the armor, but this helmet is awesome). Keep going!! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks man, I must say it has been really hard to take any liking to this helmet, it is starting to grow on me some but its not my favorite, I just built it because I like doing detail work and this one fit the bill

Those details are absolutely nuts... I can't believe how well crafted your work is. After looking at how smooth and pristine your work is I kinda want to chuck my build and start over ha! Looks amazing!

Thank you it has been a challange to get it to look the way it does now and don't chuck your build then you'll have to do it over again lol

Excellent job on this. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Thanks Justinian, and yess I will meet up with you at the Dcon parade

075.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do Continue!

LoL

What are your reference pics you've added the smallest detail and loving it

Im just using what ever pics I can find running around on the web, there are actually a quite a few refrence images running around since they first showed this helmet, I have since added a few more details since I posted the latest pictures, im just to lazy right now to take pics

On a side note I started painting the helmet but due to this trpical storm/hurricane near Florida the air is so humid that the paint is taking forever to dry, I will get update pics of some paint work as soon as I get off my butt and take some pics, not sure when that will though ;)

First off this build is outstanding, the details are beautiful. I too am not the greatest of fans of the new armour style but seeing the helmet not just as screenshot pics but as a wearable item it has warmed me to it. Amazing work as always and look forward to seeing this one all painted and ready to go :)
Tom.

how do you get so detailed?
all the projects ive had, ive screwed up because i try to add good detail. is there specific tools you use?

Looks outstanding! This is a bit late, but if your looking for anymore reference shots of the helmet (or body) the Gamestop I work at just received our first shipment for the series 1 Halo 4 action figures and that spartan was one of them. I'd imagine any retailer would have the series 1 figures in stock now.

all the projects ive had, ive screwed up because i try to add good detail. is there specific tools you use?

I can't speak for Hyper, but a dremel tool, with multiple attachments is a great place to start.

First off this build is outstanding, the details are beautiful. I too am not the greatest of fans of the new armour style but seeing the helmet not just as screenshot pics but as a wearable item it has warmed me to it. Amazing work as always and look forward to seeing this one all painted and ready to go :)
Tom.
Thanks Drack, I still haven't really warmed up to the design of the helmet but I must admit it was fun to put together, it reminds me of the old school Transformers heads
I have been doing this for a while now, guess it just comes from trial and error, I have made some pretty bad looking stuff in the past, I just avoid those mistakes on the next build lol
Looks outstanding! This is a bit late, but if your looking for anymore reference shots of the helmet (or body) the Gamestop I work at just received our first shipment for the series 1 Halo 4 action figures and that spartan was one of them. I'd imagine any retailer would have the series 1 figures in stock now.

I can't speak for Hyper, but a dremel tool, with multiple attachments is a great place to start.
Yeah its probably a little to late for more refrence photos but I appreciate the offer
hey whats the pepakura file for this? if some one knows it send me the url
It was made by Harnor and Edited by Satchmo, I don't have the link to the tread at the moment but if you search either Harnor or Satchmo im sure their threads will show up

Ok now for some progress pics, I ended up painting the helmet Red with white stripes, I don't prefer these colors but I had to paint it to match FSracers Spartan IV suit so he could use the helmet in the DragonCon Parade, I did my best to match therefrence photo for the paintjob so I think its close to the pic, some of the pics make the helmet look orange because I took the pics in low light with no flash, I wasn't thinking lol, well here are the pics

Refrence Photo I went off of
601156_4146911588121_1249673290_n.jpg

A better lit pic, Proof that it is red LoL
DSC05959.jpg

And now the low light photos
DSC05957.jpg

DSC05954.jpg

DSC05953.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

DSC05946.jpg

let me know what you all think, I think the white paint throws it off some

Hyper... wut...?! What mad skill is that...?! This is epic! :eek

Did you paint the whole helmet red and added the white in? Or did you just add little red detail on the white areas? And how did you do the black/grey weathering, any specific technique?

Awesome design and paint! Love it. Not saying it needs it but a bit of silver/grey really looks good with orange and white.

Hyper, the helmet is incredible, that paint job really tops it off. I think the white adds an interesting dimension to it.

Dude...just...wow!

The helmet looks like you ripped right out of the game!

Thanks Pony, I tried

Hyper... wut...?! What mad skill is that...?! This is epic! :eek

Did you paint the whole helmet red and added the white in? Or did you just add little red detail on the white areas? And how did you do the black/grey weathering, any specific technique?

I painted the whole helmet red then added the white, To give it the dirty look I blackwashed the helmet and the silver is your typical Drybrush method, I just don't brush it on, I have a thin coat of silver on the brush and kinda press it on the helmet, its hard to explain

Awesome design and paint! Love it. Not saying it needs it but a bit of silver/grey really looks good with orange and white.

Thanks man, I agree, I would have prefered to paint a thin gray in place of the white but I had to match FSRacers armor so he could use the helmet for Dcon, I will end up repainting it when I get it back from FSRacer

Excellent job on the painting and weathering. You should really make a tutorial for it.

Thanks Justinian, one of these days when im painting a helmet and I remeber I may make a tutorial

On a side note, I just noticed I didn't center the red stripe on the top, its off to one side if you look at it compared to the hole in the top of the helmet lol, oh well good thing I plan to repaint it hope FSRacer don't notice it :)

This is outstanding! I'm generally a DIY kind of guy, but if you make casts I don't think I'll be able to say no to buying one. Which reminds me, you ARE casting this beauty, right?

This is outstanding! I'm generally a DIY kind of guy, but if you make casts I don't think I'll be able to say no to buying one. Which reminds me, you ARE casting this beauty, right?

Thanks, Im going to mold the helmet as the original is pretty heavy and I wouldn't want to wear it for very long, as for selling a bunch of castings I really do not know how many I will release, just keep an eye out on this thread. I will post up pics of the castings

i suddenly dont want to continue mine.........buuuuuuut im gonna! excellent work as always!

Thanks Liquid6

Here is an update pic, this is my helmet sitting on FSRacers awesome Spartan IV suit that he built out of Eva Foam, He did an excellent job putting it together, it looks like it cam out of the game and I have to admit it does look pretty badass. at first I wasn't to crazy about the Spartan IV armor but after seeing his amazing foam skills im honored to have my helmet used with his suit, for tose that are not familar with his build should check it out on his build thread http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37322-Spartan-4-foam-armor-build-(PIC-HEAVY)

Here is a pic I took at Dragon Con Last weekend, I think it all came together really well

DSC05973.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back