1st Build Halo Infinite Poncho Chief EVA Foam Build

CYNE 739

Heya folks. My name is cyne (sign), and I'm making this thread to help me document my process and really get this project of mine done before Novembers Supanova in Adelaide. My plan is to create the boots, gloves, forearms and helmet in this timeframe. I'll use these to make an Infinite version of poncho chief (my beloved), as a kind of cheat code, since i don't have to make the harder items (time consumption and scaling-wise). After the event, I'd love to keep working to finish the full suit.

I'm starting by painting my Halo NERF MA40 on Monday morning, following TheRealVictor's guide, and creating the boots in the afternoon. I've gone with the Heroes Workshop files for Chief, as that's what this community seems to recommend after all my research. I've already got the Jazwares helmet, and I am content with the proportions (as the hood will hide the disproportionate rear). I'll obviously repaint it to match my other armour pieces when I get to that stage, as I seriously dislike the stock weathering.

Going to a local library on Thursday to print off the hand armour, I've got the files bookmarked. While I'm there, I may print off the custom mag that zeckkoa made, as they did a bang up job and it'll help a lot with the proportions of my MA40. I've also ordered a 3XL size Monk cloak to act as the base for the poncho, the style is near perfect. I'll just need to cut it up and weather it once it arrives, I think it'll be a perfect match.

I'll hopefully follow up this thread on Monday with my progress, looking forward to getting this done. Crunch time!

Attachments

• plus-size-brown-monk-robe-1.jpg
    plus-size-brown-monk-robe-1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ar_before_after.jpg
    ar_before_after.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • ChiefHandArmour.png
    ChiefHandArmour.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 7
  • HaloNerfMA40 CustomClip.png
    HaloNerfMA40 CustomClip.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back