Halo: The Series Season 2 Discussion Thread

I'm getting pumped for this new season, and their ad campaign for it is on point. The Halo/Paramount Instagram dropped the episode names in little animated images, where the title flashed across the image as you swiped. Plus the new posters of Silver team surrounded by a thousand Elites :cool:

I'm getting pumped for this new season, and their ad campaign for it is on point. The Halo/Paramount Instagram dropped the episode names in little animated images, where the title flashed across the image as you swiped. Plus the new posters of Silver team surrounded by a thousand Elites :cool:
OH... Gotta link for those posters?

1000007396.jpg

there you go SgtSaint. :) :)
Just an observation from the Soren-066 poster...
The actor was quite vocal about feeling confined and claustrophobic in the armor. They kept stripping it down and down for him. By the time he would accept it, it was little more than the undersuit, chest and long duster (coat). Now they've dumped even more. No chest armor. Just the under vest (not the pants). They seem to be making a lot of concessions for a character that is only part of the B plot: They must really like Bokeem Woodbine. Because if they would dump Kwan Ha they would pick up 50% more screen time for the primary story, as well a a big chunk of budget and resources that are being squandered - along with an actor that while enjoyable seems to be demanding.

Why would they cast an actor who's claustrophobic for a character in a show where everyone wears armor?
I thought the same thing. Especially when he's only 6' even, making him even smaller than the female Spartans. Regular thickness boots at 6' standing next to 6'5" Pablo with lifts and its silly looking and hard to buy as part of the Spartan program at all. Even if they stand him next to Riz-028 she'd still be looking down on him. Probably should have used him for a Sgt Johnson non-augment type role.

I grabbed a couple of the more interesting frames from yesterday's trailer drop.
Along with some of my personal musings.
Of course everyone is excited for this:
FightAsOne_00_00_24-00003.png

Hallway fight no armor not even under suits. The team in pants and t-shirts. There's another gym scene in regular gym clothes. And an office scene where they meet the new ONI guy. That might be Soren-066 in the back|right plus we get a frame of him in civvies meeting Halsey. Might be a lot of non-armor stuff... having to put aside crimes and past in order to team up and fight the enemy.
FightAsOne_00_00_47-00001.png

Silver Team meets another team... Looks like RIZ might have history with one of them. I wonder if this is current of flashback.
1706566605780.png

And I haven't seen rebels or Kwan Ha in anything. Also not showing Makee in any of the trailers but they are both listed in the season 2 credits.
1706567105574.png

I grabbed a couple of the more interesting frames from yesterday's trailer drop.
Along with some of my personal musings.
Of course everyone is excited for this:
View attachment 341221

Hallway fight no armor not even under suits. The team in pants and t-shirts. There's another gym scene in regular gym clothes. And an office scene where they meet the new ONI guy. That might be Soren-066 in the back|right plus we get a frame of him in civvies meeting Halsey. Might be a lot of non-armor stuff... having to put aside crimes and past in order to team up and fight the enemy.
View attachment 341222

Silver Team meets another team... Looks like RIZ might have history with one of them. I wonder if this is current of flashback.
View attachment 341223

And I haven't seen rebels or Kwan Ha in anything. Also not showing Makee in any of the trailers but they are both listed in the season 2 credits.
View attachment 341224
I think I saw her (Kwan) briefly in one of the trailers, but definitely not as prominent.

I'm pumped for this season!

Just saw the latest trailer on the tail end of the new "Halo Declassified" - and no Kwan anywhere. Here's hoping.
I gotta say - Hearing them talk about a grittier feel, more hand held, putting the audience in the action, more action, more fights, more pyro. It really sounds like they may have done some good course corrections for the show.
But for now - Listen up marines:
Ok, its only 1080p, but got a frame while a pyro was going off so good light on the front.
1706843213211.png

And then a shot of the back.
1706843255477.png

And if that didn't sell it:
1706843545015.png

Just saw the latest trailer on the tail end of the new "Halo Declassified" - and no Kwan anywhere. Here's hoping.
I gotta say - Hearing them talk about a grittier feel, more hand held, putting the audience in the action, more action, more fights, more pyro. It really sounds like they may have done some good course corrections for the show.
But for now - Listen up marines:
Ok, its only 1080p, but got a frame while a pyro was going off so good light on the front.
View attachment 341362

And then a shot of the back.
View attachment 341363

And if that didn't sell it:
View attachment 341364
I saw that whole declassified too, it was an interesting watch. I love the production department, and it´s def an step up from S1. I didn´t like S1, but this season is really dragging my attention. I feel it can make an even better depiction of the battle of Reach than Halo: Reach did (yeah, I like the book way more in it´s story). Also it feels they now saw different sorts of Halo media (wether that be books (Legacy of Onyx), or other live action stuff (Halo: Landfall). I´m really interested in this Season, and hopefuly it can bring back people´s attention too.

I just finished season 1 and am excited and ready for season 2 now! I loved all of the action scenes so I'm really looking forward to more of that in season 2. I'm also really interested in how this silver timeline plot plays out.

The official Season Two teaser premiered at CCXP 2023, along with the announcement that new episodes will premiere on February 8th on Paramount Plus.

Trailer can be viewed here:

Halo Waypoint's "Silver Debrief" on the reveal of Season 2 can be found here:

Some interesting tdbits from the Waypoint Article:
-Season 2 will take place six months after the end of Season 1.
-Joseph Morgan is confirmed to be playing Colonel Ackerson.
-Season Two also has a new showrunner and head writer, David Wiener.
It’ll be interesting but I’m not staying optimistic for it after season 1. Maybe the new writer will turn things around, or maybe make things worse. As long as I don’t have to see Madrigal, idc.

And know... we wait.
Pretty sure they aren't going to release it Thursday my timezone. (Already Thursday in AU)
1707342816297.png

Honestly, im not hyped. They wrecked it enough, they need to either stop, or have Halsey wake up and say the entire first season was a dream and go on from there with a team who actually cares about Halo. Anyone can throw on Armor and make a half witted film and call it Halo. Half the fan films have a better plot than this show.

I really think that the depiction of (what I believe to be) Reach's glassing is going to be really cool if they play their cards right. I also think that if they try to whitewash Sgt. Johnson (if he appears) that will ruin the entire show for me. They better not ruin Johnson :mad:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back