Helljumpers: Battle For Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is going to die first?

Easy answer. Read the story as it goes on to see who dies!!!

I have no Idea who is going to die first either. All the guys that wanted to be an marine, ODST, or spartan are cool people. I have to think really hard on who dies.

The sad thing is. I can't make them respawn :rolleyes .

You will just have to wait, read, and see.

-Pony XD

ACDCrockr209 said:
This is exactly how I wanted it to look like, Thanks!!

Please correct me if I mess up the names while I type them from low ranking to highranking ODSTs

Private

Private First Class

Lance Corporal

Corporal

Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

Gunnery Sergeant

Master Sergeant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps

Please correct me of there are any mistakes.

You are correct, sir. Also a note, there is an exponentially fewer number of individuals with each rank as you go higher and higher, ending with only one SgtMajMC. That's right just one person has that rank, and he/she is most likely stationed FAR away from combat, with the rest of UNSCDF command.

Something I stole from Wikipedia that is basically what I was trying to get across in my earlier post, but backed up with real-life numbers:

Under this [The Modern "Size of Command"] system, starting from the bottom and working up, a Corporal leads a Fireteam consisting of three other Marines. A Sergeant leads a Squad consisting of three Fireteams. As a result, a full squad numbers 13 individuals. Squads usually have numbered designations, e.g. 1st Squad.

A Lieutenant commands a Platoon, which can consist of three or four Squads. In Marine infantry units, Rifle Platoons usually consist of three Rifle Squads of 13 men each, with a Navy Corpsman, the Platoon Commander, and a Platoon Sergeant (a Staff Sergeant who serves as second-in-command. A Weapons Platoon replaces the three squads with a 60 mm mortar section, an assault section, and a medium machine gun section. An infantry Platoon can number from 42 to 55 individuals, depending on the service. Platoons are usually numbered (e.g. 1st Platoon) or named after their primary function (e.g. Service Platoon).

A Captain commands a Company, usually consisting of four Platoons (three Rifle Platoons and one Weapons Platoon). His headquarters can include a Gunnery Sergeant and as many as seven others. So a Company can comprise from roughly 175 to 225 individuals. Equivalent units also commanded by Captains are Batteries and Detachments. In English speaking countries, a Company (or troop in the Cavalry or Armor, and Battery in the Artillery) is usually designated by a letter, e.g. A Company. In non-English speaking countries, they are usually numbered.

A Lieutenant Colonel commands a Battalion or a Squadron, often consisting of four Companies plus the various members of his headquarters. A battalion is around 500–1,500 men and usually consists of between two and six companies.

A Colonel commands a Regiment or Group, often consisting of four Battalions (for an Infantry unit) or five to six Air Groups (for a Wing). Battalions and Regiments are usually numbered, either as a separate Battalion or as part of a Regimental structure, e.g. 1/1 Marines in the Marine Corps or 1-501st Infantry in the US Army.

In these latter, abstractions cease to be helpful and it becomes necessary to turn to an actual unit. The 1st Battalion of the 1st Marine Regiment of the 1st Marine Division of the I Marine Expeditionary Force consists of three infantry companies, one weapons company, and one headquarters and service company. Above that, the 1st Marine Regiment (aka First Marines) consists of four such Battalions and one headquarters company. Marine Air Control Group 18 of 1st Marine Air Wing of the III Marine Expeditionary Force consists of four squadrons, one battery, and one detachment, a mix of different-sized units under a regimental equivalent-sized unit.

The next level has traditionally been a Brigade, commanded by a Brigadier General, and containing two or more Regiments. But this structure is considered obsolete today. At the present time, in the U.S. Army, a Brigade is roughly equal to or a little larger than a Regiment, consisting of three to seven battalions. Strength typically ranges from 1,500 to 3,500 personnel. In the U.S. Marines, Brigades are only formed for certain missions. In size and nature they are larger and more varied collections of Battalions than is common for a Regiment, fitting them for their traditional role as the smallest formation able to operate independently on a battlefield without external logistical tactical support. Brigades are usually numbered, e.g. 2nd Brigade.

The level above Regiment and Brigade is the Division, commanded by a Major General and consisting of from 10,000 to 20,000 persons. The 1st Marine Division, for example, is made up of four Marine Regiments (of the type described above), one Assault Amphibian Battalion, one Reconnaissance Battalion, two Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalions, one Combat Engineer Battalion, one Tank Battalion, and one Headquarters Battalion—totalling more than 19,000 Marines. (Within the Headquarters Battalion are one Headquarters Company, one Service Company, one Military Police Company, one Communications Company, and one Truck Company.) An equivalent elsewhere within the same Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF) might be a MEF Logistics Group (MLG) - which is not a regimental-sized unit (as the word "group" implies), but rather a large support unit consisting of several battalions of support personnel. Divisions are normally numbered, but can be named after a function or personage.

Last edited by a moderator:
(null).exe said:
You are correct, sir. Also a note, there is an exponentially fewer number of individuals with each rank as you go higher and higher, ending with only one SgtMajMC. That's right just one person has that rank, and he/she is most likely stationed FAR away from combat, with the rest of UNSCDF command.

Something I stole from Wikipedia that is basically what I was trying to get across in my earlier post, but backed up with real-life numbers:

.null..point taken. I totally got you one your side. I want to point out this. Marines are all riflemen no matter what their MOS is Every marine is a rifleman, and as for officers no matter what they do, they are all infantry platoon commanders.

a large degree of initiative and autonomy is expected of junior Marines, particularly the NCOs (corporals and sergeants), as compared with many other military organizations. The Marine Corps emphasizes authority and responsibility downward to a greater degree than the other military services. Flexibility of execution is implemented via an emphasis on "commander's intent" as a guiding principle for carrying out orders; specifying the end state but leaving open the method of execution.

^ Lind, William S.; Col. Michael Wyly (1985). Maneuver Warfare Handbook. Boulder, Colorado: Westview Press. ISBN 0-86531-862-X.

In other words as long as marines have a mission objective, then there is no reason for that objective to not be met in the absence of an officer.

Private

Private First Class

Lance Corporal

Corporal

Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

Gunnery Sergeant

Master Sergeant

First Sergeant

Sergeant Major

Master Gunnery Sergeant

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps

The ranks listed in red are ones you missed.

Oh and I would like to point out that the Marine Corps reports to the secretary of the Navy Under the US department of the Navy, but it is not part of the Navy. The highest ranking officer in the Marine Corps is the Commandant of the Marine Corps, he reports to the Secretary of the Navy (An appointed position for civilians) and not a Navy Officer. Do not get mixed up.

Well get ready for my own Fan fiction on the General Discussion soon, after reading so many the past month I have a story in mind :D

So wait, is it like a movie or a book, either way count me in as an ODST (please please please please, I have almost finished an ODST suit PLEASE) if it is a movie I am a 5 foot 7 (or 8 IDK) inch 12 year old so you can see where the helmet comes in handy

Name: Ben Rhinoc (AKA "The Ghost" due to his mostly white armor)

Squad: Delta (I play to much gears)

Best in: close quarters combat (that might be why i die so much in COD)

Enjoys: looking back in a battle and seeing thousands of dead covenant (who thinks I'm mad *I raise my hand* lol)

Favorite weapons: Silenced SMG, and AR if out of ammo, STICKS AND STONES, not joking

Bio: Doesn't talk much, but can be sarcastic sometimes (seeing 20 hunters might make me say "AHH CRAP I JUST CRAPPED"), has fought few battles due to just joining the military. also carry 2 daggers at my sides and a Butcher knife on the back of my belt.

That kinda wraps it up, only being a corporal he is a bit clumsy.

Yeah I think he needs real characters and not you ask a character. You won't ever see a 12 year old fighting the covenant (unless its an early spartan) so think up an adult character.

SPARTAN-089 said:
Yeah I think he needs real characters and not you ask a character. You won't ever see a 12 year old fighting the covenant (unless its an early spartan) so think up an adult character.

no no no the characters not 12 i am but I look 18 at the least, thats where the helmet comes in to play

plus with the height of the spartans and most not being 7 feet tall I would look proportional

I have an idea for newer ODST's comming in. When 1 ODST is KIA, there would normally have a replacement later on. So, when you kill somebody off, the next mission the ODST's go on, they would have a replacement for that character.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
#3- The 24 hour clock;

00:00-12:00 a.m. (start of day)"12 midnight"

01:00-1:00 a.m.

02:00-2:00 a.m.

03:00-3:00 a.m.

04:00-4:00 a.m.

05:00-5:00 a.m.

06:00-6:00 a.m.

07:00-7:00 a.m.

08:00-8:00 a.m.

09:00-9:00 a.m.

10:00-10:00 a.m.

11:00-11:00 a.m.

12:00-12:00 p.m. (12 noon)

13:00-1:00 p.m.

14:00-2:00 p.m.

15:00-3:00 p.m.

16:00-4:00 p.m.

17:00-5:00 p.m.

18:00-6:00 p.m.

19:00-7:00 p.m.

20:00-8:00 p.m.

21:00-9:00 p.m.

22:00-10:00 p.m.

23:00-11:00 p.m.

24:00 undefined ("12 midnight")*(end of day)

The 24 hour clock is:

0000 to 0900

1000-2400 (0000)

No colons or "a.m." "p.m." follow.

The times are said like "reveille is at zero six hundred and chow is at ten hundred."

**goes back to lurking**

Fail on your part.

The "enter number here":00 am/pm is the time in am/pm (12 hour clock time. The 0100, 0200 and so on are the 24 hour clock times. Its like a chart on what meens what (what 24 hour clock time means in 12 hour clock time).

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Fail on your part.

The "enter number here":00 am/pm is the time in am/pm (12 hour clock time. The 0100, 0200 and so on are the 24 hour clock times. Its like a chart on what meens what (what 24 hour clock time means in 12 hour clock time).

You had colons on the 24 hour part. The military doesn't use colons.

Thats funny, because I was just finished a meeting today with my recrutement office and asked about it. That, in fact, is the proper way to write it. Possibly down in the US it is different, but up here in Canada, well, we're your "backwords" neighbours, right? Or are you guys the backwords neighbours? Lol.

It works either way. The colon has a purpose, that is to seperate the minutes from the hours. I honestly find it easier to read with it/them there.

I've had a Chief Warrant Officer 5 scream at me for writing the time wrong on a deck log, so I know plenty about military time.

Canada is my back yard, so I guess it's natural that you Canadians are all backward. :p

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I have an idea for newer ODST's comming in. When 1 ODST is KIA, there would normally have a replacement later on. So, when you kill somebody off, the next mission the ODST's go on, they would have a replacement for that character.

Yeah thats what I was thinking! Just a replacement for a KIA ODST. That is what they do in halo, right?

Rhinoc said:
Yeah thats what I was thinking! Just a replacement for a KIA ODST. That is what they do in halo, right?

Yes, unless it's Sgt. Johnson. Then he just respawns until attacked by a Monitor. :p

Oooh,oooh....Can I die at least around 6th or 7th in a heroic manner.Just like my friend did[car crash] with ME in it now i have a cast on my shin and still have the arm fracture.He was driving on a highway when another car spinned out of control and hit the front of my friends car forcing it up into the air and slamming it into a pole in which his skull was cracked and he bleeded to death,Tragic really.

Lol, looks like I got alot of interest with the noobs, lol.

Just to clarify, no this will not be a movie and sorry I can't have any more ODSTs(unless you want to show up in one chapter and die in the following chapter(s).

The story is mainly about the squad of marines that the UNSC got me. Think of it like Saving Private Ryan. The guy has a squad of marines with him, but he doesn't get any more to replace his fallen squadmates.

Now, I'm REALLY sorry that I haven't been writing. I have been so busy with life and my projects that I haven't had time to write. I really do want to get this one done so I can write another one(maybe a covenant one!).

I am going to get this done I can tell you all that much the only problem is...when?

-Pony

Hey, sorry I'm so late on the bio. I havent checked in on this thread in awhile.

Name: Josh Kreza

Region of origin: U.S.A

Class: Odst

Primary weapon: Silenced smg

Secondary weapon: m6c socom

Specialty: close quarters combat

Attitude: submissive and ready to take orders, but is displeased with show-offs and overly bossy people

Appearance: Caucasian with blue eyes and brown hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back