high res Halo 5 undersuit files Pepakura/3d printing

Discussion in 'Halo Soft Parts' started by Dirtsen, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Dirtsen

Dirtsen Member

I'm working on the "soft" parts of the undersuit that makes up the exo-skelleton and muscle enhancing part of the undersuit. By that I mean all those lines that make it look like a space-suit. I took the texture-file and started to vectorize the separate parts.
    My plan is: plot out the parts with my silhouette cameo on a flexible foil and attach it to my base layer (compression underwear). I made tests with it and it works just fine. The file can also be used as a cutting template by hand of course. Here is a quick test shot of a small portion of the final product:
    test.png

2. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

Dirtsen

That would be awesome bro! I own a Cameo also! How tall are you? It would be cool to have the vectors already scaled. I suck at scaling things with using the silhouette program. Well, that's partly in line with not having a good tutorial to go off of. Keep us posted!

3. Dirtsen

Dirtsen Member

SavedbyGraceG12

I'm 173cm tall. The scaling part is what worries me as well. But I'll see about that when I get there :)

YerryBatista and SavedbyGraceG12 like this.
  4. Demogorgon

Demogorgon

I've decided to jump in and help out with the Pep (Foam) conversions as well ;). I'm taking the more tedious route by retopologizing the models by hand instead of letting a program do it. This way I have more control over the model.

I started with the hip file:

comparison.jpg

Left - Original, Center - My Retopology, Right - YerryBatista Poly Reduction

I could have reduced the poly count even more but it was sufficient enough for a foam unfold:

foam-unfold.jpg

I think I'll work on the shoulder parts next

-- EDIT --
    Added the ZIP file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

wow, dude! that's great!
    really well done!! would you be so kind as to share the pep files?

6. Demogorgon

Demogorgon

Whoops! Forgot to add it haha.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  7. SavedbyGraceG12

Demogorgon

Excellent work bro! That's exactly what I've been looking for! I was gonna do a Unfolds for paper using the retopology that Batista did. But after dropping it into Blender to convert the tris to quads......... I was like, no not happening. As for the upper center back piece there is still parts separated. Which those parts need to be boolean. So yeah awesome work! Thanks Demo!

Dirtsen likes this.
  8. Demogorgon

Demogorgon

Thanks :D Yeah the horseshoe part at the top is still a bit of a mess. I fixed the open edges of the piece mentioned and there are still a couple of open edges but it doesn't effect the Foam unfold. If needed, I can go back and fix the mesh further for paper unfolds.

The hip file has been updated with the fixed file.

I've also finished getting the shoulder done:

foam-shoulder.jpg

Attached Files:

9. SavedbyGraceG12

@Demogorgon

Cool, just let me know when you post the new fixed hip file. Checked out the original, not sure if the geometry in the middle of the hip part is good to go. But definitely doable.

10. Dirtsen

Dirtsen Member

Guys, I like where this is going! It's what this Community is about!

Demogorgon

awesome work!

11. Demogorgon

Demogorgon

Finished up the groin unfold yesterday.

groin.jpg

I decided to do a test run and build it before I posted the unfold to make sure it was good to go. It's probably one of the more important parts of the Techsuit as it's not covered up by armor. I left the groin as 3 separate sections in the unfold but decided to build it as a single part.

IMG_1379.JPG IMG_1380.JPG

I think it came out near perfect.

Attached Files:

12. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

Got it Commander, I will fix the placement of the foam pieces soon, when we finish drawing the main lines of the suit.

13. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

I Finally finish the unfolding yesterday, is bay far worst than the mastering pieces this post have, but with your help I will do better :D

DropBox Link:
    Dropbox - 405th TechSuit Foam

14. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

BTW: It has no instructions, I will add them this week some pieces have to be cut from behind at 45 degree angle and so on. ANY suggestion is will be appreciated.

15. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

16. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

sBGQCL0.jpg

Attached Files:

Demogorgon likes this.
  17. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

We just have half of the main design now, and still we don't know how to paint the hex pattern, CommanderPalmer please throw us some light.

18. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Wow! That looks fantastic! what did you use to sketch the pattern originally? I see fainter markings showing where you seem to have erased your original drawing...what did you do for that?

For the Hex pattern, I used a Silhouette cameo to cut out a sort of stencil and I brushed over it with fabric paint. You could also use spray paint if so desired and you want a more uniform pattern without brush variations. CommanderPalmer did something similar, I believe.

19. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

We used Makup pens (white) for the initial markings, I had to keep standing up for about two hours, those lines can be dim or erased with a heatgun, we use then a pencin with fabric paint to do the markings.

And YES CommanderPalmer is our model and inspiration for this project. <3

We dissasebled the suit and took more pictures of the patterns, we are also planning to re-draw the patterns with the hexs in the computer and then use the Cameo to cut them, wish us luck.

If we succeed we will make a tutorial for the whole process, and upload the patterns.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    mblackwell1002 likes this.
  20. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

kaqQZ7b.jpg

Attached Files:

Demogorgon likes this.
  21. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

T0ZfVG0.jpg

Attached Files:

Dirtsen and Demogorgon like this.
  22. Voren Marr

Voren Marr

Super job :)

YerryBatista likes this.
  23. jsg6

jsg6

Thanks dude I was looking for an unfold of the groin piece!

YerryBatista likes this.
  24. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member

25. YerryBatista

YerryBatista New Member