I Need Armor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo Cow

Jr Member
So I am making a pepakura ODST helmet and I am about finished with it and it is turning out to be very floppy where there is empty space and it just kinda hangs down ,will this be fixed when all is finished here's a pic for more reference,thanks

[attachment=10369:p7110017.JPG][attachment=10370:p7110018.JPG]

did you use regular paper?

use 110lb. cardstock, it will tun out 100 times better. and remember to take your time.

Oh dear... o_o

Did you even use Cardstock? Looks like you need to start over, this time using 110lbs Cardstock instead of Printer Paper.

I'm going to have to agree wiht box o crayons on this one. I know how hard it is to start over, I had to with my MKVI. It looks like you used normal paper or something and didn't tkae your time when you were gluing. Patience is a virtue and you don't want to settle for second best!!

It is ok now because after adding a few more pieces it started to come out ok, it no longer is sagging and is looking much better, I cleaned up the the glue spots, more info to come when i finish the pep, I might start over but I'm gonna try and work with what I have ,and it was 110 lb card stock, thanks

Wow.... really, I hate to be rude, but sometimes negative criticism is the most constructive...

Scrap it, restart. You simply can't repair damage and warping that extensive... what you've built there is a wreck. You can't salvage it at all, I'm sorry. Take it in your stride, though - it takes practise sometimes, and if you need it supported, use the visor that's added to the model to help the face keep shape.

Pretty much on all helmet builds the visor portion of the pep work adds a tremendous amount of stability and support to the surrounding structure. I always recommend STARTING with the visor pep and then building out and around from there. This will aide in avoiding warpage and poor alignment of succesive parts.

use the search bar and ull find some really good ones thats what i did to get my ODST and yeah listen to the other members posts and i have some tuts on getting things ready/building the stuff on my youtube channel

youtube.com/user/A29tutorials

Indigo Cow said:
where can I find the pepa files that have the visor as paper so it adds more support

Search. There are files all over the place, and I refuse to believe that even a cursory look hasn't yeilded results. Otherwise, try the Wiki.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to agree that it would benefit you in the future to just restart the pep work, but for a first attempt I would say you did decent! The helmet is definitely the most time consuming and most difficult piece of the armor. Some of my first peps were complete crap, and I've had to re-pep pretty much every piece of the armor at least two times. It really is something that gets better with practice. My best advice would be that if you do decide to start over, make sure to line up the numbers as perfectly as you can. Its just a big puzzle, so the more accurately you align the numbers, the more smoothly the piece will come together. I also agree that when it comes to the helmet, the visor does serve as the main support for the shape. Drgnfyre4 has a good point about starting with the visor. Anyway, keep up the hard work and keep us updated!

FTW,

Erin

I'm gonna continue with this one and then use it as a test try out resins, paints, techniques and other things, thanks for all the help I just hadn't put in a piece so it looked really bad, but I also realize I could of done a cleaner job, I think I will use super glue for my next one so it is cleaner and I won't end up with five burns, I just stuffed it and used some starch spray and it is holding up great it looks much better, thanks again

Here is as of right now I still have a little bit to go, but I'm pretty much finished​

[attachment=10409:p7120019.JPG]​

i would still scrap it and start over. with something like that youre going to have to use a ton resin and bondo to straighten everything out.

Cardstock for you mate, also I advise that if you haven't already start with the halo2 odst helmet... trust me soooo much easier

ps nice bed,bath, & beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back