Iron Man helmet question/idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austinman42

Ive recently gotten into making armor's with pepakura and wanted to make an iron man suit of course.

But i had an idea, instead of just having a clear visor where the eyes are. Is is possible to have mounted cameras (small cameras) on the outside and a sort of screen on the inside of the helmet? To give it a way over the top feel.
If anyone know anything that may help with this please answer back, and thank you.

Ive recently gotten into making armor's with pepakura and wanted to make an iron man suit of course.

But i had an idea, instead of just having a clear visor where the eyes are. Is is possible to have mounted cameras (small cameras) on the outside and a sort of screen on the inside of the helmet? To give it a way over the top feel.
If anyone know anything that may help with this please answer back, and thank you.

something like that is gonna be horrible for your depth perception...

This has been discussed before, but I've never seen a real working idea. To be able to do that, you will need a good camera that provides wide angle view. Next, you need a monitor that is small enough that when you put in front of your eyes, you can still see clearly. The only monitor that comes to my mind costs $300. Try this, put your smartphone (if you have one) in front of your eyes two inches away. You probably can't see anything. Solve this then you may have a working prototype.

something like that is gonna be horrible for your depth perception...
True, though If its done right i could deal with it. I don't need a lot of fancy things like shown in the movie. Just an image on a screen. I do know that a relatively small screen will be needed to help with the resolution.

This has been discussed before, but I've never seen a real working idea. To be able to do that, you will need a good camera that provides wide angle view. Next, you need a monitor that is small enough that when you put in front of your eyes, you can still see clearly. The only monitor that comes to my mind costs $300. Try this, put your smartphone (if you have one) in front of your eyes two inches away. You probably can't see anything. Solve this then you may have a working prototype.
I do have one and money is not an issue. I just need how to's and ideas.

If you could get this to work you would only be able to use 1 camera. 2 cams would drive your eyes nuts because of the 2 dif points of view. Now I did see some where( maybe on here) a pair of glasses used for gaming that is suppose to be the same as watching a big flat screen, if you could hook those up to the cam some how you might be able to get the feeling your after. The problem is every time you move your head the image will blur till the cam catches up so you might get dizzy for the fist little while till you get use to it and figure out how to move with out blurring the image.

I've seen people do this before with Deadmau5 heads. Granted, I think the Mau5head provides more room in the inside for more distance between the face and the monitor you're looking at. Good luck with the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back