iron man mark 6 wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work so far man. For painting the foam I used PVA and found it peels off too easy and just undercoat mine with plasti dip. One thing though I think you are using the foam that has a lot of air in it. I have seen someone else use that type of foam and he said he sealed it with PVA first then plasti dip. If the foam doesn't have a nice smooth surface like the type I have been using then I believe PVA is a must. Can't wait to see this suit painted up its looking sweet so far.

Nice work so far man. For painting the foam I used PVA and found it peels off too easy and just undercoat mine with plasti dip. One thing though I think you are using the foam that has a lot of air in it. I have seen someone else use that type of foam and he said he sealed it with PVA first then plasti dip. If the foam doesn't have a nice smooth surface like the type I have been using then I believe PVA is a must. Can't wait to see this suit painted up its looking sweet so far.

well i have been using paint on plasti-dip on the helmet and its looking good so far but i only foand 200g plasti-dip cans so and that is not enough but luckely i found a site where they sell 1l cans so i need to get me one of those il post pics when im doen witch the upper body costume (oh yeah forrot to say i used aboud 2/3 layers off it)

Nice work so far man. I really want to get some of the foam you are using as it is much easier to get clean cuts. There is a guy in the UK that uses it and looks awesome. Really looking forward to see how you get on.

yeah i know him his name is james he runs a website called xrobots.co.uk

I also know of James. Just read up on plastazote and with the micro bubbles (not really called that) I would say that pva would work well with it as Itwill have something to grab onto. Intact I didn't really know what it was before. Now that I do I will be getting some for a secret project I am working on as need some big sheets of thin foam rather than the A4 I have been using.

Good luck and any other questions feel free to ask.
Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back