Ithica's Rogue Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
Check it out it is based off of the following image references.

nz1z5f.jpg

qx01vo.jpg

jaglsm.jpg

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a challenge..lol. I think we prob could. The wifezilla and I make a great team.

Ithica

lol....that is th emain thing we knew people would say. I plan on shaving it off the first cast I make. Thanks for the imput.

Ithica

lol some random voice comes out with,
Hi!
half way through the video :p
Nice work there.
Gosh it's been a long time since i've worked on my armour..

Nice work! You should make a video of you molding it since you make many videos already. That would be cool to see!
Keep up the good work!

delta38: You got to love kids....lol. Get hot on your suit.

M07Marauder If you ever make it down this way we can do a project together and you can check out some stuff. Thanks bro.

JediStumpy: We can deff do that for you. Keep and eye out for and update.

Ithica

That's incredible for a days work. It's even more amazing to me as a person who can't sculpt worth anything. Looking forward to the finished piece.

You got a great armor team going Ithica. :D

Sigma-LS: Wifezillas hates me working on this stuff most of the time but the shield we are doing is for her and this helmet we really enjoyed doing together. I can not sculpt at all if that means anything to you. She made the shape of the helmet and then we started the detail together. The best way for me to do it is start with a huge middle piece to get things aligned and then I work to one side and slowly around to the back and lastly to the other side. This helps me keep everythin aligned. I seem to be pretty good at detailing and cleaning up. My wife is actually proud of me and now I have a lil more confidence in my work. I helped another member a lil on one of his sculp projects which really got me started. I hope this helps you at all.

Enrisan: Thank you.

Ithica

As for crits...I think that the jaw area on both sides needs to be widened out a bit.

As for comments...Awesome job, REALLY makes me wish I had that much skill.

I <3 ROGUE

EDIT : After actually watching the video/seeing your predicaments with the water clay, I'd say that the jaw is fine and is pretty much miniscule. Good job Ithica/Wife.

It is a very sad sad day. Please watch the video to see why.

Ithica

Man that blows!! I feel your pain brother I tried every trick in the book to save my first two attempts at a pilot helm but all I could save was the bottom front where the clay was the thickest. finally went with the plasticina for the third attempt you can get it at Hobby Lobby $13 for a 4.5 lb block. Keep it going though it was looking good.

Cheers!

Its kinda hard to distinguish the details, because its all the same colors, but from what I can tell, it looks great. Would you mind taking pictures? :) All I noticed was that the triangles on the visor, are uneven a little. Can you tell what Im talking about, because I feel like Im making no sense.

Keegan said:
Its kinda hard to distinguish the details, because its all the same colors, but from what I can tell, it looks great. Would you mind taking pictures? :) All I noticed was that the triangles on the visor, are uneven a little. Can you tell what Im talking about, because I feel like Im making no sense.
You'r making total sence. I will take pics when I sand it and paint it. Should be in a day or two. I'm working on Hayabusa shoulders right now.

Ithica

Ouch :eek: , that sucks. Sorry to hear it, it was working out nicely til now.

Hey, troubleshooting is a part of life unfortunately :lol: but the end product after foreknowledge is the best you can produce.

Don't know if said that properly but works for me :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back