JonteBoi's Second Halo: Reach Spartan Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautifully done ! I love the paint job on it too ! How's the movement in the suit ?

Beautifully done ! I love the paint job on it too ! How's the movement in the suit ?
Thank you! The movement is not too bad. I explained a while ago in a previous post how the abs piece and the chest piece are two seperate parts. This means it's easy to bend my upper body forward and backward. I can also rotate my upper body easily. There is one problem when it comes to the movement and that is when i bend my knee. The thigh piece comes in contact with the shin, so I can only bend my knees to a maximum of about 90 degrees. Hope this answered your question!

Awesome and ya the shin, calve and thigh are places where it's a little difficult to give your self a full range of movement some people I've known tend to try and cut away a little more material in the back on the calve and thigh to try and help it not to pinch as much.

How long did this take you to complete do you think, JonteBoi ?
That's a good question. I don't know the exact amount of hours i put into this, but it must've been somwhere around 200 hours. I started the project in the beginning of may, and finished it the 8th of july I think. I worked almost everyday (maybe 5 days a week), between 4 and 8 hours each day. So it should end up a little more than 200 hours. Hope this helps!

That's a good question. I don't know the exact amount of hours i put into this, but it must've been somwhere around 200 hours. I started the project in the beginning of may, and finished it the 8th of july I think. I worked almost everyday (maybe 5 days a week), between 4 and 8 hours each day. So it should end up a little more than 200 hours. Hope this helps!

It helps a lot! A friend and I want to go as Kat and Noble 6 to the comic con up in Seattle WA next year and I was wondering after what point it wasn't viable to try to go to this one. Personally I'd rather go to the one in Phoenix AZ since that's where I live, but my friend thinks that it would be too hot in Arizona XD

It helps a lot! A friend and I want to go as Kat and Noble 6 to the comic con up in Seattle WA next year and I was wondering after what point it wasn't viable to try to go to this one. Personally I'd rather go to the one in Phoenix AZ since that's where I live, but my friend thinks that it would be too hot in Arizona XD
I see! Yeah Arizona sounds a little hot, I live in Sweden so I'm lucky :D It's super cold here

Reactions: Kat
Kat, keep in mind that if you build is w/ foam, it will act as an insulator and people have been know to succumb to heat exhaustion and/or dehydration. How ever hot it gets in NY.....Arizona as that dry heat which is even more detrimental to wearing a foam suit...not trying to scare you from building....just and FYI to take in to account. .....another FYI, using fiberglass for your build will be just as hot to wear. If you can afford it....look in to a vest cooling system.

Reactions: Kat
Kat, keep in mind that if you build is w/ foam, it will act as an insulator and people have been know to succumb to heat exhaustion and/or dehydration. How ever hot it gets in NY.....Arizona as that dry heat which is even more detrimental to wearing a foam suit...not trying to scare you from building....just and FYI to take in to account. .....another FYI, using fiberglass for your build will be just as hot to wear. If you can afford it....look in to a vest cooling system.

Thanks for the advice. That's part of why we were wanting to go to the one up in Seattle. The only issue there would be... rain XD
I'm honestly considering Pep for my first build since it will be a bit cheaper.... But also thinking foam since it will likely be easier for me to work with.

IMG_20170813_155739.jpg Finally made an armor stand for my costume! Now it stands like this in my room, watching me at all times. Under the armor is a duct tape dummy that I made a while ago. Inside the dummy is two wooden round bars that go from the neck down each leg, and then they go into two holes in the wooden slabs. It stands very straight, and won't fall! I'm thinking of taking it one step further by installing some lights at the bottom of the stand, I think that would look pretty dope.
In other news I just finished installing the blue lights on the chestplate and on the arms, tomorrow I'll get to the ones on the thighs. I'll post some pictures when I'm done with that!

Hello everyone! I just thought i'd share some photos with everyone since i finally got to wear the costume in public this weekend!! I was at Stockholm Comic Con and it was super fun, enjoy.
IMG_20170918_195708_652.jpg Snapchat-945403444.jpg Snapchat-1012100739.jpg
IMG_20170918_195708_655.jpg IMG_20170918_195708_653.jpg
Snapchat-1453355406.jpg Snapchat-1440756453.jpg
IMG_20170916_193457_148.jpg

IMG_20170917_191706_868.jpg

Sadly I saw no other spartans :( We're a little short on spartans here in sweden.

Anyway I am glad i finally got to use this suit, I am super happy with it. I got tons of compliments and so many people who took photos with me. I even got an offer to trade the suit for some sweet looking stuff one guy had in his shop! I had to decline the offer though, the time I've put on this project makes it a special thing to me, and I couldn never let it go. It stayed intact throughout the entire weekend, barely any repairs were made! Thank you to everyone who helped out with tips and tricks for this project, couldn't have done this without you!

Next project is going to be a Halo 4 costume, I've already got my hands on some sweet material for the undersuit! But I'm still going to use this suit alot, it means a lot to me and I'm super happy with it.

This suit looks amazing~
If you need any help sewing the undersuit I'd be glad to lend my expertise! Shipping wouldn't be a problem for me ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back