Major Props' Mirage Spartan Build

Hey folks!

Quick update to the build. I decided to start off easy and work on the least troublesome parts of the build, which is definitely the arms! Loads of flat sections, really easy to print and sand smooth.

Here we have them all weathered up, using a mix of sponged black and silver, brown oil washes, and acrylic pigments for dust/dirt build up! Finally, I used a vinyl heat wrap to add the carbon fibre to the wrists, which adds such a cool pop of visual interest! The weathering was made more severe towards the ends of the arms, and less heavy towards the shoulders

View attachment 344931

Keep an eye on this thread for new updates as I work on my spartans sidearm, the classic Halo magnum, as I also work on a system to effectively maglock the pistol to my thigh plate, using fidlocks!
Damn that weathering looks amazing!
I am actually doing the Mirage helmet as an upcoming video right now, which will include the use of the carbon fiber vinyl!

Spoiler: I use the following vinyl alongside a heat gun at low temp. Just stretch and cover, it's super easy! Amazon.com

And to answer Lojak 's question, I really like how the carbon fiber pops right now, so I think all I am going to do in the future is just apply weathering pigments to the recesses and keep it as is!
I used that same wrap for my ab undersuit piece, but hadn't thought to use the heat gun on it. I just stretched it and glued to EVA pieces with hot glue and barge cement. The heat gun would have probably made it even better, I'll have to try that when I update

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back