Master Chief costume on youtube (cardboard and ducktape) Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That look SOOOO much more comfortable than my suit.... I'm jealous. I bet the cardboard is nice an flexible too.

But I have to wonder what it'll look like on the morning of November 1st.. :oops:

Lol... sorry to fool ya... and I also wonder what it looks like after haloween...

I went as.. and don't laugh, My hot blonde girlfriend was tinkerbell and it was a theme thing... I was Peter Pan, but half the drunks kept calling me "Robin Hood man in tights" when I wasn't standing next to the GF...., I made that costume and went all out, I could have been straight off broadway (a little to late I realized Peter Pan on broadway was played by a woman) opps..... anyway, after a night of Tequila shots and beer pong, I ended up abusing the costume a bit, ummm I will stop there... I think I will be more careful with my MC suit...

You think the MC drinks?... no drinking spartan armor operating after seeing the You Tube of the MC drunk....

Cardboard is actually very flexible under the right conditions. If any tape were used I'd suggest guerrilla tape.

My cardboard suit might rival this. We'll see.

The kid did an amazing job. Patience was involved, and his eye for detail seems uncanny. Kudos to him!

everytime I watch this video I just can't believe its cardboard.. it blows my mind. But yeah, cardboard with no support probably won't weather so well, but at least its light weight, and this guy probably can fix it, he aparently has a ridiculous amount of skill

volkov said:
everytime I watch this video I just can't believe its cardboard.. it blows my mind. But yeah, cardboard with no support probably won't weather so well, but at least its light weight, and this guy probably can fix it, he aparently has a ridiculous amount of skill
Theres more than meets the eye in those vids you guys,YES!! He really made it from card board, Think about it Card board?! There are different types of card board!! Skill is obviously an understatement here! So believe it, that type of detail is possible with certain materials than pepakura or standard UPS card board!! Its your guys job to find out!!! Happy hunting!!

Last edited by a moderator:
UNSC Certified said:
Theres more than meets the eye in those vids you guys,YES!! He really made it from card board, Think about it Card board?! There are different types of card board!! Skill is obviously an understatement here! So believe it, that type of detail is possible with certain materials than pepakura or standard UPS card board!! Its your guys job to find out!!! Happy hunting!!
Please stop making 100% of your post about how cardboard is better than pepakura, no one really cares and we all already know with patience and skill you can make leet cardboard armor, but with the same dedication, there are pep armor just as detailed, the material you use is only as good as the way you use it.

AoBfrost said:
I think I could do that myself, but the time it would take, much more than pepakura.

please don't say "I could do that myself" until you have done that yourself

Lol...

my first Chief suit was made of cardboard... but when i moved, a dude thought it was trash and threw it :( all i have now is a helmet(because it was the only thing painted) SAD FACE :SKLLKJAKLDJS

but thats really amazing.

he could totally glass and make a mold of it and sell it on ebay! :D

Zaso117 said:
Check this one out here. Also made out of cardboard and looks pretty darn close

this guy was selling this armor on ebay and no one bought it. if i had money at the time i would have.

tbail1989 said:
this guy was selling this armor on ebay and no one bought it. if i had money at the time i would have.

sorry to tell ya but that is the guy.

:not worthy:
this makes me wanna throw all my other cardboard ARMOR OUT AND JUST START TO BASICLY USE THAT IDEA AND MAKE A KILLER SUIT i think the only thing of my costume that looks decent is the helmet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back