Mirage Build (First-ish Suit)

devuljuice

After months of wrestling with my printer, practicing on failed prints, researching, and scouring through amazon I finally started on my first suit. I've decided to go with the Mirage IIC core. Here's the plan:

D231-Mirage REF.jpg

This spartan would operate as reconnaissance on in arctic environments, so his armor would be white, and camouflaged to blend into his surroundings. While I have no realistic explanation as for why, I thought I'd take an idea from some Mark VII concept art I saw and give him a poncho, or a torso-less jacket I found on amazon with a black fur cape.

It's been awhile since I have started on the project, so I'm already about ready to start painting and rigging. Here's what I've currently gotten down so far.

IMG_4858.jpg
IMG_4870.jpg

Helmet is progressing super well. Although there are some parts my hand-sander or sponges couldn't get into, I think it turned out well. After sanding, I gave it a coat of black primer and silver undercoat. As of right now the helmet fits super well, much better than a previous Reach Air Assault helmet I made awhile back. However, my glasses do not fit.

IMG_4896.jpg
IMG_4897.jpg

As of right now, I have the shins, knees, hands, forearms, biceps, hips, waists, cod, and rear plates all printed and ready for a second pass of sanding. I'm definitely looking forward to getting into the meat of this project with painting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back