Mortal kombat cyrax build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if you've seen this youtube tutorial yet but it is great for teaching one how to make foam armor using pepakura.

It has 7 parts, I watched the whole thing and I know what to do now I just have to decide what I want to make this year. Halo 4, Reach, remake Classic Cyrax or the new Cyrax. Looks like its a lot faster to build than cardstock, folding, and glue but you do have to modify the pep files too. You still make the helmet out of cardstock and fiberglass it but having the rest of the suit as foam would remove any mobility issues I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if you've seen this youtube tutorial yet but it is great for teaching one how to make foam armor using pepakura.

It has 7 parts, I watched the whole thing and I know what to do now I just have to decide what I want to make this year. Halo 4, Reach, remake Classic Cyrax or the new Cyrax. Looks like its a lot faster to build than cardstock, folding, and glue but you do have to modify the pep files too. You still make the helmet out of cardstock and fiberglass it but having the rest of the suit as foam would remove any mobility issues I'm sure.

Right on man. Thanks man!! Ill be using foam for the ab torso region of Cyrax. This is really the only part that I can see having trouble with mobility. I modified the model at the elbow joints as this was the only part that was having difficulty moving in. I started building the legs and they fit FANTASTIC!! They were the easiest part to build so far.

I thought about doing the whole thing in foam but I'm so fascinated by making molds and casting poly urethane that I'm gonna continue to make the majority of it use that method. Its definitely more costly but that's not really a issue and I don't have any deadlines except maybe ComicCon next year. So i got some time still and by June i should be starting to make molds and casting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back