Motor City Comic Con Info and Roll Call: May 17th-19th, 2024

Jwinnicker

Member DIN
S439
Description: MCCC takes place in Novi Michigan annually and is housed in the newly added onto Suburban Collection Showplace. It's very much a bit of everything con.

Date: May 17th-19th 2024

46100 Grand River Ave Novi, MI 48374

Event Website: Home - Motor City Comic Con

Hotels Nearby:

Hyatt Place: On site of the convention center

Holiday Inn Express: 2.7 Miles from convention center

Hilton Garden Inn: 3.4 Miles from convention center

Steve Downes and Jen Taylor were recently added to the guest list for the con so I will be looking to attend at least for one of the days. Our local 501st Garrison has a regular space there but I'm not sure what it would take to get a 405th space (seems logical given Jen and Steve coming) added to the venue. Just an FYI their prop policy has become extremely stringent over the last year or so.

Policy Reads:
  • Prop and Weapons Check Procedure: Cosplayers must present all props and weapons for inspection before entering the event. There will be a dedicated Prop and Weapons Check Table near the entrance. A banner will be on display to help identify the location. This applies to all attendees, regardless of age or costume. Props and weapons will be checked by designated event staff. Staff will assess whether the items comply with safety regulations. Items that pass inspection will receive a visibly marked tag indicating their approval. Do not remove the tag. Items that do not meet safety standards will not be permitted into the event. Attendees must return these items to their vehicles. Motor City Comic Con will not be responsible for storing prohibited items.
Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

Jwinnicker

SnakeandNape

N8TEBB

mcory

Negativecacti

Tentative Responses/Past Attendees:

Badge Purchase:
Motor City Comic Con May 2024 - Capture Standard 3 day badge is $90 right now, Friday $30, Saturday $45, Sunday $40.

Dinner Plans: If there are enough attendees we could organize a dinner as there are a ton of local restaurants in the area.

Last edited:
I can make it out there for the Saturday! I only live an hour away from Novi. I’ll probably go there and back in one day. But I’d be happy to make it a full day from con open to close, and go out to dinner with y’all after. This will be nice!

I can make it out there for the Saturday! I only live an hour away from Novi. I’ll probably go there and back in one day. But I’d be happy to make it a full day from con open to close, and go out to dinner with y’all after. This will be nice!
Awesome, look forward to having you!

Jwinnicker,​

count me as boots on ground for sure i live in Monroe so is every body but N8tebb going all three days?

Edit: i can see if i can get someone to go to take photos.
As of now, unsure how many days I'll be able to attend. I would ideally do at least two but my work situation is in limbo so I don't know how many I'll be able to attend.

Just ran my schedule and I should on my long weekend for the con so I should be able to have a presence all three days.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back