GoatOnABoat

G'day, I've started building my Chief cosplay, I bought the foam pattern from bronavaro. Ive been building it the past 3 weeks and have to have it ready in 2 weeks I thought I would share how the build is currently going.

Image5.png
Image3.png

I had to change the pattern slightly since the pattern was for a tall man, It was definitely interesting working with foam I gave up using the heat gun to mold the foam and ended up using the stove top it was a lot faster and I found that the bends would hold. I was able to get a cheap 2nd hand helmet off facebook marketplace for $30 this has saved me so much time as the detailing on the rest of the costume is taking ages.
Image4.png

I jumped the gun and ended up painting the foam with a green that came out 'too' green, back to Bunnings I went and got a darker green, I painted the helmet too match as well.
Image1.png

With my airbrush I have been going in with some cell shading, I will add some dirt and scratches as well.

Image2.png

I'm currently designing the chest plate, the pattern I have is way too big for me, once Ive made it I will post it in this thread, keen to get any feedback :)

You're going to have a full suit done in 5 weeks?!?! You're building really fast! Your foam works looks great, keep up the good work!

Nice work so far! Getting that right green is frustrating trust me. I'm still not really happy with my colour, but yours is looking really good so far, good luck and keep at it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back