Need help QUICKLY!!!

GlassBunny75

Okay so I know this is probably not well it's not really related to making props and costumes but this is the only thing that I could find I own rabbits and I've been looking for a better way to have cage pants for in their their cages or their huts per se and I was thinking about using fiberglass well I went to use the fiberglass resin and the hardener is GONE!! What can I use as a hardener?? I've got 3 fuzz butts that are sitting in travel cages right now that need to be put into regular cages. HELP PLEASE SOMEONE!! I'm about to have a kaniptionfit. Well ok not really but I do need help ASAP. Thank you

Unfortunately, the hardener is required for the Resin to set, it's a two part compound and without it the resin will remain liquid. It's a specific catalyst that will kick off the chemical reaction that results in the hardened resin.

Auto shops and parts stores, like AutoZone or O'Reily Auto parts will sell the hardener on its own, so will most Big Box Stores like Lowes, Home Depot and even Wal*mart.

Acetone will only thin out the Resin, it's act as a catalyst and kick start the hardening process.

If you have any Bondo or other Brand Body Filler, you can mix the Resin with the Body Filler (Often called Rondo or "mud," you can find tutorials here or other places on How To) and then use the hardener from the Body Filler and it will harden.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back