New Halo Project At E3/strange Stuff On Bungie Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a clue what they have planned but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Have to watch G4 tonight.

God I have no clue whats going on there. Looks like something big is about to happen. I better prep the bomb shelter ...

PS: You can still get onto Bungie.net, just use the link at the bottom of that page.

You've probably already noticed this but there is a count down on the bottom righthand corner of the page....
bungienet.jpg

1 day and 5hrs to go! exciting stuff.

YES!!! its coming! its coming!!!!.... whatever it is...
GAH!! why did this have to happen a couple days after i go back to school!! my internet access is limited... thankfully i got them to unblock Bungie.net a few years back :p
I hate to sound like a squealing fan boy but AH!!!!! WOOOT!!! soon...soon.... no sleep until i know...but soon...

One thing that really made me crack up, was how the SI logo is everywhere on Bungie right now.
An example is this
SInohalo.png

Superintendant logos on the chief and the magical my little pony. Also another one on the wall.

Ohnoes, bungie up to no gewd.

The SI logo is also on the countdown on bnets main page, so I found it odd.

I also just went back to the webcam, and in the same place, SI logos increase, I lol'd.

SIinvade.png

marathon.png

That yellow paper behind chief, says Marathon, that paper was put there early this morning, so maybe their announcement has something to do with that.

Halo 3 Supplemental - what is it?
Not sure where this is all going... but it's interesting. Falagard dropped by with a report of a conversation that took place on the NeoGAF forums - the gist is that Alan Tudyk, an actor who did voice work for Halo 3, reported at Gencon (a gaming convention in Australia that took place a week or so ago, July 3-6) that he and Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin had recently "recorded voices for a Halo 3 supplemental" - could this be the Halo "Blue" referred to recently by Joystiq? It sure sounds like Bungie's working on SOMETHING Halo-related... (Louis Wu 17:11:19 UTC)

There's a conversion on Neogaf and I'm posting some of it here:

Here's my initial post:

"Ok, here's a story for you folks... I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this.

Alan Tudyk, (who is a voice actor on Halo 3 along with Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin - all of which come from the Firefly TV series and Serenity movie) said during Gencon (a science fiction convention) in Brisbane Australia that he had just met up Nathan and Adam at Bungie to do more voice work for Halo 3 and that it's the first time he'd seen them in more than a year.

Now, this either means that they're doing voices for the Peter Jackson Halo project, or that there's an expansion for Halo 3, or even Halo 4."

Cocopjojo followed up with a link to information about it:

http://talhost.net/gen-con-report-2/220/

"Someone asked Alan what sci fi show he’d like to see a crossover episode with him so he said, “Ok, so I’m imagining that Firefly’s still on the air, that’s great, that’s working out and I’m still alive, but we have the sets and the costumes from the movie”. Then he said he’d like Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica, and that he didn’t care if anyone else from BSG was on the show, the crossover could just be her. Alan also mentioned he’d seen her recently and she and Nathan and Adam and he recorded voices for a Halo 3 supplemental and it was like the last time with Nathan having all the leader lines and him having to be scared."

And I posted:

"Ya, Cocop, I was searching for additional information / proof about it just now and found that link as well.

I got the info from a personal friend and colleague who I just got off the phone with. He attended Gencon and knows I'm a big Halo and Firefly fan and told me that Alan said he'd just done more voice work for Halo 3.

He said that he had to do lots of lines with him being frightened. The Bungie guys kept saying "That's great Alan, but can you be even more frightened?" and he'd do a really high pitched voice and say things like "Can't we just wait for re-inforcements?""

So basically the speculation is that there's an expansion for Halo 3 in the works, possibly the rumored "Halo Blue" that was leaked in a Wal-mart memo.

The fact that voice work happens at the very end of a project's life means that it's not likely to be Halo 4 related, but could potentially be Halo Chronicles. It may also have to do directly with the Superintendent stuff, but that's just speculation as well.

Just saw this on HBO. http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=23416

Last edited by a moderator:
im bored someone else figure it out with me :D lol
http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/Superintendent

The Superintendent has frequently replaced letters in the phrase "KEEP IT CLEAN" with numbers. The first instances of this is when he replaced the K with a 0.

Misspelling #1

Misspelling #2

Misspelling #3

Misspelling #4

Since then, he has also replaced other letters, as shown here:

K7EP IT CLEAN
KE1P IT CLEAN
KEEP IT 1LEAN
KEEP I8 CLEAN
KEEP IT CLE0N
KEEP 0T CLEAN
KEEP IT C0EAN
KEEP IT CL3AN
KEE4 IT CLEAN
Combined, the phrase becomes "0714 08 1030N".

It was believed that he was writing out a date and time. This appears to be 07/14/08 10:30 which was when Microsoft's slot at E3 2008 was. Fans were exited to hear the announcement at E3, but were taken by surprise that there was no announcement, but a mysterious page substituting the Bungie.net homepage with a countdown to 7:07:07 AM, July 16th, 2008.
The Bungie.net homepage, as of 10:30 AM (PST), 7-14-08

i thaught it was a phone number...

dont call London lol

LMAO! You just called London?! thats awesome! LOL!

This whole thing about big news being relseased, all the rumors and everythign all have me so freaked out.... I dont know why its affecting me so bad.... Gravemind ...

redragon74 said:
but a mysterious page substituting the Bungie.net homepage with a countdown to 7:07:07 AM, July 16th, 2008.
The Bungie.net homepage, as of 10:30 AM (PST), 7-14-08

i thaught it was a phone number...

dont call London lol
july 16th is my b-day!

Last edited by a moderator:
And the ilovebees countdown is a few hours before the one on Bungie's homepage... Maybe they'er announcing two things?

Anyone else finding it funny with the large No Master Chief sign being held up? :p Maybe a hint that MC won't be appearing in the game they are going to announce. Hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back