OSDT Build - Back in action

Wow, I look forward to the full reveal, your progress pictures are looking great! I'm printing out the GA SMG now and am excited to put it together. I think it's cool you've got the whole arsenal right off the rip. Keep it up!
Thanks!

It was more of a "I don't have time to paint, but I have time to print things." So just kept going with any leftover filament I had, printing as many add-ons and guns as I could. Still wanting to do the GA BR I have and find a sniper rifle eventually. Maybe a SPKR? We'll see!

So first, I'm finding the gloss black too black and shiny. I found a Perfect Match gunmetal spray that should do the trick. I've nailed down the paint process to only needing one can of spray to cover all the armour pieces, so I think one coat would do to sort of brighten it up.

Next, I took some shots of each piece and threw them into Procreate to try and test my purple colour scheme out. I think it's pretty balanced, but the end it might change.

Emblems and text. I'm not wanting to go too far with text everywhere, but I think I want to add a few more. Maybe the classic blood type on the shoulder? Possibly ODST on the forehead area of the helmet?

Any suggestions?

(Yes, UNSC emblem covers an ammo box. It's meant to be on left end of the breast plate.)

1726686252090.png

Color is definitely where you get to make the ODST yours. Other than the emblems and text on the chest, there really isn't much to it, maybe the medical reference info on the left shoulder. Personally, I am not a fan of asymmetrical patterns, but don't let me dissuade you. I like to keep it closer to the reference material and then make some slight changes, like a real UNSC soldier who might be able to push the rule just a bit to add some personality, but not so much that you get called out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back