Pepakura Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrMarine

Jr Member
Okay, now most of these questions have probably been asked/answered already, but I can't find anything.

Q 1: Now, most of the time when I print off a good looking helmet (Like an ODST), a bunch of it is jumbled numbers. HOW DO I FIX THAT?

Q 2: I'm currently working on the Halo 1 marine armor. I have finished the right shoulder, so, I moved onto the left. The layout seemed different, so I was wondering if and how I could just flip around the layout of the right?

Q 3: At least half of my files are on Landscape, and my printer doesn't print Landscape. I know how to change the layout to letter format, but the pieces stay where they are. How do I fix this?

Okay, so I also have questions that go past the building:

Q 4: What do I do after I finished putting together the paper? And after that? (So on, so forth)

Q 5: Where can I get "Bondo" and other supplies? I'm Canadian, if that helps.

well i can answer at least one of them

Q4 you cover the out side of the peice in resin Pss do they have a walmart in Canada if so you can get all the stuff from there you then add a thing of firber glass sheets that cover the inside.

Q2 yes you can how to will come soon

Q3 you must move the peices to fit in the lines

Q1 reduce the font size

thepuma said:
Q1 reduce the font size

Well, the font size seems to be as small as it can go, so far as I can see. I just recently heard about HD and not HD pep files. I beleive the ODST file I used is HD. Anyone got a not HD one?

EDIT: Yes, there are Wal-Marts all over the place. So, under what section of the store would I find this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
a good thing to do when pepping is to leave Pep open. This way if you get one of those really small parts that you cant read the numbers on, you can just switch to "check corresponding faces" and fin out what connects to what. you do this by right clicking on the 2dpattern window, select check corresponding face and move your mouse over the edge of the piece, and arrow will show you what piece it connects...

and i dont see whats wrong with the shoulders, its just a slightly different unfold... i folded all the H1 Marine when i first started and had no problem with it... if the unfold on those are giving you a problem, some of the more difficult files are gonna be a nightmare for ya.

you can find the resin in the automotive section, same goes for the bondo. and on wiki, the titles before the files will tell you if they are hd.

Every printer can print landscape AND Portrait. Think of printing Landscape as beginning on the side of the picture, while Portrait starts at the bottom of it. The paper comes out the same way, but the picture angle is changed. Duh...

MstrMarine said:
Okay, now most of these questions have probably been asked/answered already, but I can't find anything.

Q 1: Now, most of the time when I print off a good looking helmet (Like an ODST), a bunch of it is jumbled numbers. HOW DO I FIX THAT?

Q 2: I'm currently working on the Halo 1 marine armor. I have finished the right shoulder, so, I moved onto the left. The layout seemed different, so I was wondering if and how I could just flip around the layout of the right?

Q 3: At least half of my files are on Landscape, and my printer doesn't print Landscape. I know how to change the layout to letter format, but the pieces stay where they are. How do I fix this?

Okay, so I also have questions that go past the building:

Q 4: What do I do after I finished putting together the paper? And after that? (So on, so forth)

Q 5: Where can I get "Bondo" and other supplies? I'm Canadian, if that helps.

I know it's kinda been answered already but if you still haven't found any bondo or resin, you can also find all of that stuff at canadian tire.

jareyes said:
I know it's kinda been answered already but if you still haven't found any bondo or resin, you can also find all of that stuff at canadian tire.

Sounds good. My family makes trips there all the time, so thats good.

Thanks for replying, guys!

I came up with a little formula that will help a lot. It may seem demanding, but bare with me.

So, I want to know what I do after I pep a piece. Heres what I'm asking for:

Step by step instructions (like for first step, do what I do after I pep, and then step 2 is the one I do next, so on so forth), with a link to a tutorial, maybe. I need a lot of details, because I'm new to this. (I also just started pepakura)

So if anyone that has skills in building armor with Pepakura, please do what I have asked. I don't want to seem REALLY demanding, and I'm sorry if I do.

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate all help I can get.

DreadMullet said:
a good thing to do when pepping is to leave Pep open. This way if you get one of those really small parts that you cant read the numbers on, you can just switch to "check corresponding faces" and fin out what connects to what. you do this by right clicking on the 2dpattern window, select check corresponding face and move your mouse over the edge of the piece, and arrow will show you what piece it connects...

and i dont see whats wrong with the shoulders, its just a slightly different unfold... i folded all the H1 Marine when i first started and had no problem with it... if the unfold on those are giving you a problem, some of the more difficult files are gonna be a nightmare for ya.

I completely agree. I'll give you some more details of what I mean.

I believe it is the 3 line that does this. The tab where the adhesive goes is miniscule. It looks like it would be hard to work with... I guess I could try it out.

I also have another question, specificly for you. When the helmet came out finished, was it to big?

Thanks for responding.

what the triple post and btw way i would recomend just using the newer ODST helmet there is only one low def one thats halo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back