1st Build [PIC HEAVY] First Cosplay - ODST - [ongoing]

I’m going to try to get a lot done tomorrow, starting with finishing both thighs’ foam. I’m not sure how to paint it yet (or even if it’ll need paint?) but the construction will be at 100%!

For anyone who’s curious, I connect the outer part with Berg Contact Cement, and tape it down while it cures.

It sticks solidly after 5 minutes, but there’s a noticeable difference the next day when it feels very sturdy.

IMG_8677.jpeg

While I’m working on finishing the main armor for the 31st. I’m printing the backpack, and will hopefully have that ready by then as well. I’m not too worried if I miss the cut off for that piece, but I might just make it in time

100% completed one thigh this morning. Working with foam is no joke.

Im very pleased with the end result and will be finishing the second soon.

IMG_8682.jpeg
IMG_8680.jpeg
IMG_8679.jpeg
IMG_8681.jpeg

- Both thighs now have foam.
- Shoulders are glued together and ready for fabric
- I put 2mm foam lining the waist armor so it doesn’t make noise when walking and doesn’t scratch up other armor from movement
- lower back foam complete
- groin armor has the same 2mm lining for the same reasons as above
- belt buckle has 10mm pad behind it like the reference images.

The only foam I need to do now is:
- thicker padding inside bracers, calve armor, and helmet
- 2mm lining for shoulders, neck, and kidney armor
- 5mm lining for back armor so I can just don it as one piece instead of some other method
- full-body webbing harness to attach everything to
IMG_8683.jpeg

Just got a Cricut machine. (The Joy Xtra, if you’re interested)

Now for some game-accurate decaling (tested on the Serial Number decal on the ODST bracers first)
IMG_8693.jpeg

In-game reference.

image.png

The white circular design and lettering, as well as the white u-turn-like arrow, and the yellow chevron looking decals will all be added for accuracy.

It shouldn’t take more than an hour to print and apply every decal on the full armor; which I’ll do tomorrow

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back