Printing Out Pepakura Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverRosemary

Hello,
I tried searching for my question but I couldn't quite find it. I have never used Pepakura. I'm a apocolypse larper, so never before has something needed to be so accurate; I've made my own templates.

My question is- Can I use a regular printer to print out the paper templates from Pepakura (using cardstock) or do I need a special printer?

Depends. If the paper isn't too thick and your printer can pull it - yes.
Many printers won't have any problems, some can. Mind that those normal printers are made for 80-90gsm paper and what you're using is 160gsm+.
I used thicker - 250gsm and often have problems with printer having issues to pull the paper.

Depends. If the paper isn't too thick and your printer can pull it - yes.
Many printers won't have any problems, some can. Mind that those normal printers are made for 80-90gsm paper and what you're using is 160gsm+.
I used thicker - 250gsm and often have problems with printer having issues to pull the paper.
Thanks! I'll see if this printer can pull.

SilverRosemary, just to put it in to US terms: for using Pep, we usually use 110 lb paper. Its the same thickness and a standard business card. Most printers however are fed from below and the paper would bend to get to the printer heads. You would either need a rear/direct fed printer or a printer w/ a strong enough paper feeder mechanism to pull 110 lb paper in to it.

For what it's worth, I have not had any issue with any printer I have used, even a bottom fed one, pulling 110 lb cardstock, aside from the occasional page sticking together on large print jobs. But, always safe to test it first.

I use 110lb cardstock from Micheals and I have the world's cheapest printer from Wal-Mart and it feeds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back