Ranking discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice198

Hey guys, I just went to Halopedia to check out the UNSC ranks, and I came up with this for how to go about doing the ranks for members of the 405th. It goes as follows:
Master Chief- Adam
Senior Chief- Link
Chief- All the Global Mods
Petty Officer(s) 1st Class - Members of Veteran Status with a set of quality of armor
Petty Officer(s) 2nd Class- Members of... Member status with a set of quality armor
Petty Officer(s) 3rd Class- Members of Noob Status with a set of quality armor
Crewman- Members of Veteran Status without a set of armor
Crewman Apprentice- Members of... Member status without a set of armor
Crewman Recruit- Members of Noob Statur without a set of armor

This is just what I thought up for ranks in the 405th, it may need some revisions added. If you would like to add anything to this, be my guest, I just designed this as a rough copy for you guys to think about and branch off on, and thoughts and inputs will be accepted. - Ice

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
You guys should make Rank Insignas to display your ranks.
Like these:
Navy Ranks
(The album should be set to public, so tell me if it can't be viewed.)
I dont know if its just me, but the link didnt work on my internet. And yes, if we follow through with these ranks, insignias would be nice to have. - Ice

Last edited by a moderator:
Ice said:
I dont know if its just me, but the link didnt work on my internet. And yes, if we follow through with these ranks, insignias would be nice to have. - Ice

There's an extra "http://" in that link which is why it doesn't want to load, this should work
Those rank insignias look pretty cool BTW :)

We did have a rank system before the site redesign, but it was based on post count and encouraged people to make LOTS of unnecessary posts..

If something were to be instuted, it would be based on post count... but then what?

It's not a real high priority at the moment, but thanks for bringing the idea up.

hahaha... seamen. I'm sorry i couldn't resist.
ANYWAY!!! I like Ironcobra's idea about the ranks for what you do for the 405th...not a bunch of useless posts.

Alright, thanks guys, especially your comment Sean. Although, thats why i made higher ranks need to have a set of armor so its not all useless posting, the posts should be constructive because they may need help with building or something along those lines. Keep the input comin' guys. - Ice

This sounds very unnecessary. Those who do good work and take responsibility will be respected, we don't need ranks.

Sorry about the faulty link to my PB album, So I'm just gonna display the images here.
These are just a few of many ranks that I have on my PC.

cma.png
cm.png

PO3.png
PO2.png
PO1.png
CPO.png

scpo.png
mcpo.png
CMCPO.png
FMCPO.png

I think bringing rank back into our group is going to really mess things up again. There was good reason to discontinue it before... it became a competition to many of the members....

Besides, we kinda already have the 'Administrator, Global Moderator, Veterans, and Member" status listed for everybody...

right... but do you notice how EVERYone has vet and advanced? maybe ranks should be done by how long you are activly around? and i dont mean like how often you are loged in, but just how active in a helpful way you are.

Xavier said:
right... but do you notice how EVERYone has vet and advanced? maybe ranks should be done by how long you are activly around? and i dont mean like how often you are loged in, but just how active in a helpful way you are.

but a computer can not log how helpful you are so some ONE would have to log over 5000 people's activty, which would suck. Any volunteers? :cautious:

Krylon said:
but a computer can not log how helpful you are so some ONE would have to log over 5000 people's activty, which would suck. Any volunteers? :cautious:
Actually, not 5k peoples accounts, if you read Spase's post about real members of the 405th, you would have known that about 3.2k (I think) are spam bots, and then the rest are actual membesr, so its a little less than 5k but its still quite a bit (1.2k?) Anyways, yea, its still a lot. - Ice

Issue the lowest rank for all newbies. They never get promoted if they are only here for "plz help me make armor nao".
As they show what they have made, they might get promotions. If they keep showing us more stuff more frequently, another promotion might be at hand.

This is just a suggestion, though. My basic point here is that each and every one of the members here who want a promotion, has to work for it the hard way. The harder and more frequently they work, the better the payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back