Respirator Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo Cow

Jr Member
So I recently got a Respirator from ace hardware and I was wondering if this is good enough to work for when I fiberglass it says fiberglass respirator on the outside, but I uncertain because someone on the site told me I couldn't use it, here's a pic thanks

[attachment=10551:p7180028.JPG]

That will work for sanding and cutting, But It will not protect you from Fumes or vapors (from paint and uncured resin), For that you will need one more like this: Respirator Link

They have them at pretty much all home improvement stores.

Stay safe!

-Techbot

It's for doing fiberglass work, like insulation, not resin. Resin itself is just that, resin, it has nothing to do with fiberglass.

just make sure you're in a well ventilated area, preferrably outside, and using a fan to blow the fumes away from you wouldn't hurt

Would this work It is said to

* Comes completely assembled with cartridges and filters

* P95 filtration grade

* Resists organic vapors

* NIOSH approved

66554.gif

From the respirators that I've seen, you usually go for the ones that have those two big cartridges. They are usually the one's that protect against organic fumes and such. If you aren't sure, you can also ask your local hardware store for some information.

Who needs a respirator when you have a gas mask like me im sure that will keep you safe. (just a joke but I think ill use mine when im using toxic)[attachment=10575:product_pic_613.jpg.png]

moultonator said:
just make sure you're in a well ventilated area, preferrably outside, and using a fan to blow the fumes away from you wouldn't hurt

NONONONONONONO!!!!!!! NO! WEAR A RESPIRATOR AT ALL TIMES WHEN RESINING!!! And it makes Bondo much more easy. ALWAYSALWAYALWAYS!!! A $30 respirator is less than chemo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Perth 16 said:
NONONONONONONO!!!!!!! NO! WEAR A RESPIRATOR AT ALL TIMES WHEN RESINING!!! And it makes Bondo much more easy. ALWAYSALWAYALWAYS!!! A $30 respirator is less than chemo.

LOL, I knew it wouldn't be safe to go with out a respirator so I got the one I showed in the pic above,thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Helpful hint. Instructions that come with the 3M-Respirator you original purchased state clearly "Do Not Use For

Gases and vapors". Fiberglass is a particulate, but the resin used in its application releases a chemical in the from of vapors that is very harmful to your health. Please, in the future, read ALL DIRECTIONS.

Many times you will get conflicting answers from people that have never used the products they are recommending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back