Rose City Comic con 2023 - Portland, OR (September 22-24)

Which days are you attending?

• Friday

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Saturday

• Sunday

• Total voters

Kahn 319

Member DIN
S319
This is the place for people to talk about and plan stuff for Rose City Comic con 2023.
I have scheduled the Halo meet up through the con, it will take place on Sunday and be combined with the over watch meet up (not my choice).
If we want to do an outside photo shoot we can discuss that here.
I know at least Two halo cosplayers are trying to participate in the Cosplay Competition, so we may have to work around those, meaning Saturday will not be the best day to do stuff together during con hours.

Ill Be there all three days, ill have a posse with me so if anyone needs help I should be able to assist.

Below is Information from Rose city about the meet up, hopefully everyone attending can make it.
Program Title: Halo / Overwatch 2 / Video Games Cosplay Meetup
Program Description: Want to see the immense creativity, 3-D printed, multi-colorful characters of Overwatch 2 brought to life? With a variety of characters to pick from, each with unique consumes, weapons, and displays it is a cosplayers wellspring of ideas and fun. So let’s have everyone meet together and show off their hard work and their Overwatch main! Also a chance to meet and take pictures with characters from the Halo universe. Members from the 405th and anyone cosplaying halo can meet and discuss costume building as well as take pictures and form lasting friendships through their mutual love of all things Halo! Are you cosplaying as someone from other video games? You are welcome too! Hosted by Kahn_319 405th Infantry division (Halo Cosplay Group and Rawlee Halsey.
Date: Sunday, September 24
Time Start: 11:30 AM
Time End: 12:15 PM
Room/Location: Room B117-119 (a fitting number)​

Last edited:
I will be there too, hoping to get a hotel room near by but I haven't had the chance to do research on them yet. But if anyone needs to split a hotel room, let me know and something may be able to be arranged. I do not plan on doing the contest at this time, but I will participate in any non-competitive cosplay showcases if there are any.

This is the place for people to talk about and plan stuff for Rose City Comic con 2023.
I have scheduled the Halo meet up through the con, it will take place on Sunday and be combined with the over watch meet up (not my choice).
I know at least Two halo cosplayers are trying to participate in the Cosplay Competition, so we may have to work around those, meaning Saturday will not be the best day to do stuff together during con hours.

Ill Be there all three days, ill have a posse with me so if anyone needs help I should be able to assist.
I’ll be back in town however I gotta talk my Sarge into letting me go, he makes it sound like I’ll have the time to go but I’ll keep y’all updated

Posted an update in the original message, has times and descriptions of the event. trying to keep everything in the same post.

Don't be surprised if they ask you to switch to journeyman or master's level just due to the quality of your costume and if they recommend it then you should. If you stick in a lower category than your appearance shows, due to the level of your costume then often times you may get honorary mention, but not win.

My first contest was with the leather nightingale cosplay at Vancouver Fan Expo in Canada. The judges asked me to switch to the Masters category, despite being my first ever contest and second ever costume... I won first place in Masters. :)

Just a tip if the judges suggest you switch categories after seeing you. ;)

I’ll be back in town however I gotta talk my Sarge into letting me go, he makes it sound like I’ll have the time to go but I’ll keep y’all updated

Below is Information from Rose city about the meet up, hopefully everyone attending can make it.
Program Description: Want to see the immense creativity, 3-D printed, multi-colorful characters of Overwatch 2 brought to life? With a variety of characters to pick from, each with unique consumes, weapons, and displays it is a cosplayers wellspring of ideas and fun. So let’s have everyone meet together and show off their hard work and their Overwatch main! Also a chance to meet and take pictures with characters from the Halo universe. Members from the 405th and anyone cosplaying halo can meet and discuss costume building as well as take pictures and form lasting friendships through their mutual love of all things Halo! Are you cosplaying as someone from other video games? You are welcome too! Hosted by Kahn_319 405th Infantry division (Halo Cosplay Group and Rawlee Halsey.
Room/Location: Room B110-112​
I’ll be showing up all three days, costume wise, haven’t fully thought about it but y’all will definitely see me there!

They made a mistake in room assignments for the meet up, i have updated it with the correct room number, which happens to be a pretty good number if i do say so myself.

Room/Location: Room B117-119 (a fitting number)​
Looking at that time for Sunday I might just barely make it, I’ve got plans Sunday morning, I’ll l definitely be at the con Sunday just maybe not right away, I’ll do what I can though

A58C5BB9-7561-42C6-8237-B5468EAC2E56.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1533.jpeg
    IMG_1533.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1534.jpeg
    IMG_1534.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1535.jpeg
    IMG_1535.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1537.jpeg
    IMG_1537.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1536.jpeg
    IMG_1536.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back