Sergeant Johnson build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about sargeant Johnson is that he is a spartan one and not a regular UNSC soldier. So it cool to see that someone is building one of the very first spartan

Lol I’ve been partying for the past few days. Had a great birthday week and now it’s time to buckle down and finish this once and for all. *snaps in theme music* *Deftones - Diamond Eyes*

Happy Belated Birthday......Build is coming along great!!! Paint job is always the hardest thing for me but you make it look easy.

Happy Belated Birthday......Build is coming along great!!! Paint job is always the hardest thing for me but you make it look easy.
Thank you. I’ve learned a lot from Evil Ted and patience. I’ve messed up a little but I think I have the technique down. Hopefully you’ll notice the difference when I finish the lower body.

If there’s any reference. In this order:
The Sealer
Mod Podge glue
Mod podge acrylic spray
Follow up with sealer (if needed)
Green Enamel (comes out super green)
Black paint (wet brush and dry brush)
Brown paint (wet and dry brushes)
Once the green is to the type of shade and effect I like I use metallic
Spray the tip of the brush with metallic (quick swipe from edge to the length you want) heavy spray results in a large paint scratch that leaves a good shine. Light sprays for minor scrapes

Last edited:
The build is looking great.
One bit of critique. You should weather the pouches as well. Maybe use some brown on it to dirty them up a bit. Right now it messes with the over all look. You've got a well worn, beat up body armour but, a brand new set of pouches have been attached.

The build is looking great.
One bit of critique. You should weather the pouches as well. Maybe use some brown on it to dirty them up a bit. Right now it messes with the over all look. You've got a well worn, beat up body armour but, a brand new set of pouches have been attached.
You’re right. I was wondering why they didn’t really fit in even with the new color I got them. Thanks

They are almost complete. For some reason I can’t decipher the shape of the front part. However, I made the shape anyways, but unfortunately had to pry it from the boot.
:(

6C96367E-3A1D-4F7C-B48D-07DA06EAB699.jpeg

AA14CF62-C616-4958-A37B-2B0F8FC0A1FA.jpeg

F7DA382B-5E38-44BB-90FD-BAD18C9A605B.jpeg

8913998D-B2CA-4F42-85D6-2BE3B4E72126.jpeg

I think the more foamies I put on the shin for detail the more acceptable they look. Did a test fit and everything is feeling great, functional enough to even drive around inside. Gonna catch me ridin dirty

04933F4B-55A0-4963-B941-0E17AFB984F0.jpeg

F4BA1F1F-E797-4E8C-B969-87599AD824FB.gif

Going to be finishing these up tonight. Gonna be rapping up this build with the small stuff that should be pretty easy. Knees pads and boots. Then everything will get a spray. I’ll be like Oprah to them. You get a spray and you get spray

670A6D50-18B1-4BC4-97D3-9FFE594CA6CF.jpeg

I'd say look into super glue- or even better than super glue, rubber cement. I'm an art student (in college for animation, but I do a bit of everything) and I can honestly say that rubber cement is WAY more efficient in MOST cases than super or hot glue. It's fairly cheap and can be easily removed/cleaned up using either Bestine (a brand of solvent) or a rubber cement pickup (sort of like an eraser for rubber cement.)

I'd say look into super glue- or even better than super glue, rubber cement. I'm an art student (in college for animation, but I do a bit of everything) and I can honestly say that rubber cement is WAY more efficient in MOST cases than super or hot glue. It's fairly cheap and can be easily removed/cleaned up using either Bestine (a brand of solvent) or a rubber cement pickup (sort of like an eraser for rubber cement.)
I’m using weld wood Contact Cement. Half way with the Shins. I used it mostly for the knee pads and now the boots.
That’s interesting about the Bestine and rubber. I didn’t know it could come apart like that. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Kat
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back