Skyrim priest staff wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbs

Jr Member
well this is my very first project its going good so far i guess there are a few sections that where causing me trouble so far and there are a few tiny holes in some spots but hey its my first so there will be mistakes like that i guess.

IMG_20131126_033942.jpg

first lil bit
IMG_20131126_101132.jpg

slight more progress

Attachments

• IMG_20131126_033942.jpg
    IMG_20131126_033942.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20131126_101132.jpg
    IMG_20131126_101132.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 190
k got a question once i finish pepping this and do the resin coat should i fill the inside of it with expanding foam from a can? to give it its ridgidness sinse i cant rondo the inside?

yeha but the spray can expanding foam doesnt expand that much if i recall as it is used to fill gabs inbetween windows so i dont think it should be to much of a problem for this or should i jsut resin the outside and bondo over that? will that be enough?

I haven't done this yet, but my intention with my own skyrim weapon that I'm making is that I'll paper mache and then resin the outside, and THEN fill it with foam fill. If you leave enough room for its expansion, it shouldn't bulge, and the paper mache/resin will prevent it where it tries to. In theory anyway, I've yet to actually try.

While I think of it, resining the outside and still foam filling it makes it a bit more solid as well, so there's less chance of it breaking in the long run.

You can try to use the foam but if you do not like the results you'll have to do something different. And no resin and bondo the outside won't work. Btw why not rondo? If you can use resin and bondo you can use rondo.

I know people usually rondo the inside of helmets and armour and stuff, but would the outside of a the weapons work? Or would you have to do a thicker batch to get it to coat more evenly? I'm curious now, because I hadn't really thought about rondoing weapons.

beacuuse once this thing is assembled it will be 5 feet long and it will be full closed up and it will be hard to rondo the inside imho

Not really just put holes in it where you need to pour in rondo and then slosh it around I used a turkey blaster for small areas to apply rondo

Well project is pn hold laptop seems to be kickingbthe bucket wont load up and if it does is extremely slow so yeah cant veow the pep file tp continue glueing stuff nhate itbwhen laptops die...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back