Some Work I Did Prior To Joining 405Th. Links Master Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny

Jr Member
I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to armor making, but I think I'm quite experienced at weapon/general prop making. So I thought I'd share my latest complete piece, Links Master Sword from Twilight Princess.

I completed this back in May, just in time for MCM Expo in London on Saturday. I didn't cosplay, I just walked around with it on my back.

Anywho here it is.

MasterSword_Resized.jpg

If you're interested in seeing anymore of my previous work then please check out my DeviantArt page.

My DeviantArt Page

EDIT: I forgot to add it's made of mostly pine wood, wood filler and some string :p

dude i think you should work on some more link stuff as you would make a perfect cosplay if the sword is anything to say about your work

Beautiful. Possibly the best Master Sword prop I've seen created yet! I love the rich colors you chose, they fit much better for the TP version than the usual bright hues seen lately.

that looks amazing!!! i agree with adventSpartanMatrix, link would be a cool cosplay, but still, i cant wait to see what your armor is going to look like.

Haven923 said:
Your strap looks like a leather belt and a guitar strap. Tell me if I'm wrong ;)

It is indeed :D

{Cortana said:
Beautiful. Possibly the best Master Sword prop I've seen created yet! I love the rich colors you chose, they fit much better for the TP version than the usual bright hues seen lately.

Yeah, I took my time picking the colours. I looked at a lot of other replicas and hated the colour schemes. I wanted to be as true to the game as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
What mats did you use to make that? I wana see a shield :3

EDIT: oops i didn't see the part you added to the bottom :) Coolies (y)

I might make the shield, I found a pep for it on section-sixteen. Then I could hang them together on my wall :D

Jonny said:
Yeah, I took my time picking the colours. I looked at a lot of other replicas and hated the colour schemes. I wanted to be as true to the game as possible.

The only thing I could possibly recommend is to find a metallic purple paint, water it down just a bit and add a translucent layer over the matte purple areas. :)

I freaking love this. So very glad to have you! Promotion confirmed.

Adam said:
I freaking love this. So very glad to have you! Promotion confirmed.

Thanks for the promotion Adam.

I was thinking of making a mold and then casting it but I was worried that a straight cast would be too weak at the bottom of the blade. So I've been thinking of making half a cast, so I can lay in some fiberglass to strengthen it and then sticking two halves together.

Anyone got any other ideas?

I've got the Silicone sitting in my annex, but I can't start it until I finish the Iron Man helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back