Someones Hosting Everyones Pep Files On Their Own Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the dude even took credit for the files not located in the wiki, like the Ironman and Gears of War armor. Anyways, the video clearly reverts people back to the 405th and the wiki, so 'm not really sure what his angle is.

I'm 99.9% positive that I've seen his gamertag (the one in hte bottom of both sites) in a sig on the forums. Scratch that. I'm 100%. We have ourselves a treasonous heathen on our hands....

EDIT:

He's European. the e-mail he lists in the second site is co.uk, instead of .com. This narrows it down some....

Haven923 said:
I'm 99.9% positive that I've seen his gamertag (the one in hte bottom of both sites) in a sig on the forums. Scratch that. I'm 100%. We have ourselves a treasonous heathen on our hands....

EDIT:

He's European. the e-mail he lists in the second site is co.uk, instead of .com. This narrows it down some....

I've deffinatley seen that name before too. If I remeber right it is not the first time he has done something like this. Some people. I mean It's not that hard to give the name of the person that made it.

He still has not given credit here link

Hey. I stay in the Uk and I still get .com e-mail addresses. So it cant narrow it down that much. I can show you where he lives though. Just go here Hometown. Maybe not the exact house but, hey it's close.

BTW. I have found more than 2 websites created by this guy (but many of them are under many different usernames). Most of them hosting the files that have been created by members of this community. All of the sites that host these files bar maybe 2 do not give credit to the origional creators. I can't remeber the links right now (except the one posted at the top) but if I do I will post them.

(cough cough) I found him on here. (cough cough) halochrisf (defo same guy, so anybody offended at him not giving credit to you (creator), or for not giving credit to the origional creator can pm him)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. of course. some random new guy who is trying to sell off other people's work as his own. anyway, he has last been active 7/7 so for some reason he made two sites hosting the same files and info, just one giving credit and one not. why even make a website with other people's files? why not just say hey, here is the wiki, go there. i mean cmon dude!

edit:

oh, and i thought it was funny how he had the same music as Adam's painting tutorial video in the site where he gave credit, real original.

angry_cabbage said:
Ive checked both web pages and here are my conclusions. first, they are most definately made by the same person. He has his gamertag linked at both of the sites. As far as i can tell they are both recent. I think the person who made the first one got a whiff of this topic and made the second site to try to avoid trouble.

Very observant!! I didn't evan notice that, thanks for pointing it out.

I sent this Dbag a pm on his preciouss little youtube account and letting everyone on his friends know... I used some rather "colourful" language to point it out too :p

we need to let people know what these people are doing.

would someone please post the following comment as youtube isn't letting me do it for somereason.

comment V

do not download these files from his web site he is hosting them without permission from the REAL creators. he did not create them.

thhe 405th forums and the 405th halo wikia are the only places who do have permission from all the creators to host them and should be the only places that you should go to sownload them.

do not support people like this who take credit for other people hard work.

http://405th.com

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pep_Index

get the files from these sites, not his.

thats just plain horrible. people work thier asses off to make those beautiful files and someone comes and just ruins it. shameful...

I'm pretty sure I know who this person is, and he is a member on this forum. He made the mistake of making this post, "QUOTE(________ @ Jun 19 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Go on my website at here: http://halochris.webs.com" on another thread. I left out his name (although it may or may not have been posted on this thread already) so that the mods can handle him in the best manner. That is, if this is the same person who made both of those sites.

I love how everyone is complaining and whining when they could have prevented it much earlier, by leaving credit to the 405th/creators in the file itself.

I can use an e-mail spammer on him, if anyone has a lovely message he'd want to read a few hundred times over. There are a variety of ways people could combat this situation, but seeing how most of them are unethical to most folks here, I'll go ahead and shut up.

As for the sites themselves, the only real action you can take right now is to just IP ban his account here and move on. It's easy to get around, but to my understanding, he's not very bright.

I'm sure many people saw this coming, though, so it's not like this was some sort of completely unnoticed threat. This is one of the cons of having a fully public wiki of files.

*AHEM*

Titled: Isn't Life Grand?

You know what I love about life? Everything!! I love all of the creation that God has made, the only problem is the creations of the created are being stolen. You know about it too. You are the thief. How's about you show some common sense and selete your multiple websites on which you posted other people's files (without permission), and claimed them as your own work. Delete the ones in which you DO give credit, too. delete your YouTube videoes, aswell. If you do, you may get away with only being blacklisted. Now, get out and stay out. Permanently. Try picking up a Bible and reading it, it may give you some good pointers on what you should do.

PM sent to our abomination. ;)

BTW: I was right, he's European :lol

I apologise, but you guys need to realize that nobody's going to conform with your messages/threats/etc. unless you are extremely lucky or threaten legal action (which may or may not make sense in this situation). Unless you have some serious social engineering skills or have proxies and 1337 h4xing powers, nothing will be accomplished.

If I was in charge, I'd say we should all learn from the mistake(s) and move on, we're crying over spilt milk.

@Haven - You tell him he'll only be blacklisted, and then you tell him to leave permanently? And unless you give him a reason to listen to you, there is an almost 100% chance your message will be disregarded.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
@Haven - You tell him he'll only be blacklisted, and then you tell him to leave permanently? And unless you give him a reason to listen to you, there is an almost 100% chance your message will be disregarded.

I was just rambling ;) I felt like trying to make him feel small (despite the fact that he probably wont read it) and just to have some fun.

BTW, did anybody check out his YouTube and look at his paper weapons? :unsure

I recognize this name from our twitter feed at the 405th Source, his name is Chris Foster and he is from England. He's been following us on the Source until recently: http://www.twitter.com/halochrisf if you scroll back on his tweets a bit you can see him asking about the ODST SMG PDO's. We're sorry to have helped him now. Hope that helps in this case.

Cheers,

Kensai

It seems this guy has been plagiarizing for a while but putting so much time between his topics that no one noticed he was doing it constantly .

like this>>http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18906&st=0&p=302395&#entry302395<< his halo 3 odst features guide. If you even just perused bungies odst page then this will look familiar. He never said where he got the information. And its pretty obvious that it comes right from the page. He didn't even bother to arrange it differently. Which is the exact same thing he did with his websites.

or this http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18530&st=0&p=295406&#entry295406 he actually took credit for wmhunters odst smg. You'll notice that he did eventually give credit in the first post but only after multiple people mentioned it. You'll also notice that he edited the file and took it apart which i know for a fact was not done by hunter himself. Someone above suggested putting credit in the files themselves but he doesnt seem afraid to edit other peoples work to create the illusion that he did it. Thankfully Adam caught him on this one and the topic was locked.

As for linking to the 405th in his videos. I think he made a mistake there. He clearly says my download able files right at the top of the site. Then has videos giving a link to real creators? Nah, he just wanted to put his videos in as many places as possible and didn't notice that he was destroying his own story.

we need to let people know what these people are doing.

would someone please post the following comment as youtube isn't letting me do it for somereason.

comment V

do not download these files from his web site he is hosting them without permission from the REAL creators. he did not create them.

thhe 405th forums and the 405th halo wikia are the only places who do have permission from all the creators to host them and should be the only places that you should go to sownload them.

do not support people like this who take credit for other people hard work.

http://405th.com

http://halocostuming.../wiki/Pep_Index

get the files from these sites, not his.

I dont think anyone here would download from any of his sites. Nor does anyone support this kind of behavior.

This seemed very useful, but it's a shame this guy took credit for making all of them, its kinda sad

Of course its useful, but its not supposed to be useful. The halo costuming wiki is useful but it got that way with each seperate file creators permission.

sorry, but where does it say that he/she made all the files on the site? also, which pep files aren't allowed on the wiki? :unsure

bobbio555 said:
sorry, but where does it say that he/she made all the files on the site? also, which pep files aren't allowed on the wiki? :unsure

Ok. It doesn't say that he made all of the files himself. He has claimed to have made some of the files, but has been caught out by either the creator or a member of this community and basically got an ear full for it. It is that in most cases he has not given credit to the original creators of the files. And in some cases he has even edited the origional files by pulling them apart (not changing the model in anyway) and then claming that he was the one that created it.

I do believe that only files that have the consent of the creator can be uploaded to wiki (or any other site). Im pretty sure if you ask the creator of the file if you can upload it to wiki (or other sites) they would happily allow you to. But this guy has done no such thing. He just collected as many files as he could and then posted them on his sites without permission.

Hope that clears things up for you.

This dude needs a good dose of god! lol or any other god for that matter! what a piece of *&(#. I can't believe how someone can betray a community that is so nice, and so helpful, just so that they can get credit! This is just beyond me. this dude is terribly moronic too for leaving so much evidence leading to himself! Lets now make a list of everything we know about him:

Name: Chris Foster

49 years old

Birthday:

January 6, 1960

Male

England

Interests: Stealing

he is done! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back