Spartan Helmet (The other kind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damasterchief said:
yea thats going to be "really" hard....

????

I realize it's not as much as good ol' MC, but at least we have the power of Pepakura to aide us. Try making those gauntlets and greaves on your own. I'm still working on constructing the helmet for my big @$$ noggin'!

colmon_9 - forget these Persian lovers around here. Keep us posted on your progress. Are you on the '300dc.com' forums?

Last edited by a moderator:
damasterchief said:
yea thats going to be "really" hard....

lol, I know were your coming from but its more complex than it looks.

Theres the..
Helmet
Shield
Weapons
Gauntlets
Greaves(leg guards)
Sandles
Cape
Cod Piece
Chestpiece(For historical acurancy not 300)

And of course Abs!

fightstar said:
????

I realize it's not as much as good ol' MC, but at least we have the power of Pepakura to aide us. Try making those gauntlets and greaves on your own. I'm still working on constructing the helmet for my big @$$ noggin'!
colmon_9 - forget these Persian lovers around here. Keep us posted on your progress. Are you on the '300dc.com' forums?

Is there spartan pep? And no im not a member.

This aught to be interesting. I doubt there is pep file, all the armor parts are asymetrical and funky. Plus the surface textureing is going to be very fun.

My spartain, that I sold.

IMG_0557.jpg

CMANavy said:
My spartain, that I sold.

^^ Awesome job.
I made the mistake of buying the NECA one as soon as it came out....
I'd take a piece like yours over the neca anyday.

And nice job so far colmon_9, looking cool. I'll keep my eyes on this... though making one myself would be a loooooonnng ways off...

No no pepakura files, BUT there is a site for folks who want to work on those ABS as well as those pieces of armor and cloth for a Spartan from the movie '300'. www.300dc.com is the spot. I have been a member since we started and they are a great group of guys and gals.

CMANavy - I wish I had one of those Sgt Fang helmets. They are sw33t!

Going for the cardboard helmet and armor myself. Starting and re-starting until I get it right.

Keep us posted.

If you need any Spartan parts, I still have the molds for my gauntlets, greaves, shield and brooch.:

BigMe.jpg

In this picture I'm 5'8" tall and about 155lbs. The helmet is from SGT Fang.

I made the shield specifically without battle damage so it can be customized. Here is a shot before I weathered it:

ShopProgress018.jpg

And a detail shot of the gauntlets (the left one is weathered, the right is not):

Blackwash008.jpg

And if anyone tells you it's going to be easy to make this costume, they're wrong. Not counting gym time, I worked nonstop on this outfit for almost two months to get it perfect. I won't tell you how much money I spent.

thorssoli - You got that right brotha'! Just check my personal thread, as well as so many others, over there at 300dc.com and you'll know what we all have done to achieve the look. When will you be casting more parts? I'm sure you will have some interests as soon as we get closer to Dragon Con 2K8.

Remember 30% is fitness 70% is diet and 110% is heart. thorssoli you already knew that. :lol:

Anybody got some good pics of the old school greek hoplites as a costume?

It seems all you would need to do would be to remove the cape and add a chestplate, horsehair crest, and leather battle skirt to the 300 version.

Friendly said:
"Yeah, Hell's Restaurant? I'd like to make a reservation for three-hundred."
What about Hell's Pizza? 'Course, thats a @#$!load of pizzas.
thorssoli- You don't look angry enough. I need more anger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back