Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MepeS11

Anyone know where I can find small yet loud speakers I can incorporate into a suit? I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, may just have to settle... :/

.... and you'll hook them up as output from what kind of device ? Something with a build-in amp ? And not to talk it down but laptops don't really strike me as having "good nor loud speakers" generally speaking. :D

So basically :
1) what will they be hooked on to ? (what kind of device/player/whatever)
2) how small is small ? What's the space available ? What kind of suit ?

Go to a thrift shop and look for one of those small speaker sets designed for plugging into a phone for external sound rather than earbuds. They'll already come with the amplifier circuit you'll need and also will run at a low power (think about it, they run off a phone battery). Take it apart and install in your suit.

Pyle Pro PWMA50 Waistband Portable PA System (Black) PWMA50B B&H

I bought this one. I haven't tested in a suit, but just playing around with it seems like it will work. I'd rather go Blu tooth, but for the price I didn't want to pass it up.

In any case, search portable PA instead of speaker and you might find better results. Unless you mean to play music in your suit and not your voice.

what are you looking to do with the speakers? I put a cheap bluetooth speaker with speakers scavenged from a set a computer speakers in my suit so i can play halo themes while walking around. it isn't that loud, in a crowd you can hear it from maybe 5-8ft away

I bought a thump 808 blue tooth speaker and stuck it in my suit to play halo theme songs as well. It is quite loud and wireless. I think it worked out perfect, I just stuffed it up in my chest piece(up in the shoulder with the speaker pointed down) and slid my iPhone in my gauntlet. Guess depends on what your trying to accomplish. I would like to setup a PA system on my suit as well. Just haven't gottten around to it.

Last edited:
I bought a thump 808 blue tooth speaker and stuck it in my suit to play halo theme songs as well. It is quite loud and wireless. I think it worked out perfect, I just stuffed it up in my chest piece(up in the shoulder with the speaker pointed down) and slid my iPhone in my gauntlet. Guess depends on what your trying to accomplish. I would like to setup a PA system on my suit as well. Just haven't gottten around to it.

Yea I'm thinking on doing something like that....I was going to actually put speakers in the suit itself, but trying to find ones small yet loud enough isn't happening! I need a PA system as well, but it may be a while for that lol

.... and you'll hook them up as output from what kind of device ? Something with a build-in amp ? And not to talk it down but laptops don't really strike me as having "good nor loud speakers" generally speaking. :D

So basically :
1) what will they be hooked on to ? (what kind of device/player/whatever)
2) how small is small ? What's the space available ? What kind of suit ?

Im small so the suit isn't that big....I'll be using my Ipod more than likely...though I can use my phone if need be...I just want to be able to play music from the suit ftm, eventually I'll get a PA system as well...

what are you looking to do with the speakers? I put a cheap bluetooth speaker with speakers scavenged from a set a computer speakers in my suit so i can play halo themes while walking around. it isn't that loud, in a crowd you can hear it from maybe 5-8ft away

That may be doable!! I don't need it to be extremely loud, just loud enough to hear it! Thanks!

Pyle Pro PWMA50 Waistband Portable PA System (Black) PWMA50B B&H

I bought this one. I haven't tested in a suit, but just playing around with it seems like it will work. I'd rather go Blu tooth, but for the price I didn't want to pass it up.

In any case, search portable PA instead of speaker and you might find better results. Unless you mean to play music in your suit and not your voice.

I'm looking to play music, but I'll eventually need a PA system as well!

Here's another idea, at least for PA. I tested this, it works pretty well.

Many of these PA systems have the capability of playing back from an internal SD card, AUX-in plug ... and quite a lot of them have an FM radio tuner installed too.

Buy combining THIS Portable FM Wireless Microphone Headset Megaphone Radio Mic For Loudspeaker/ teaching/tour guide/ sales promotion/meetings-in Microphones from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

kind of really cheap microphones, you tranform any FM-receiver into a PA, and the nice thing is you don't have a bloody microphone wire running from your helmet. If you have one of these ceapo PA's, they have a digital Tuner. No signal ? No output, even no static. So just switch on the PA set to a paired frequency with this wireless mic, switch on the mic and be ready. Put off the helmet, no signal, no noise.

If it sounds too good to be true ? I can tell you, it does work. :D It's so cheap you can simply mount it fixed in the helmet, so no battling sliding headphones and whatever in the helmet and stuff like that.

Here's another idea, at least for PA. I tested this, it works pretty well.

Many of these PA systems have the capability of playing back from an internal SD card, AUX-in plug ... and quite a lot of them have an FM radio tuner installed too.

Buy combining THIS Portable FM Wireless Microphone Headset Megaphone Radio Mic For Loudspeaker/ teaching/tour guide/ sales promotion/meetings-in Microphones from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

kind of really cheap microphones, you tranform any FM-receiver into a PA, and the nice thing is you don't have a bloody microphone wire running from your helmet. If you have one of these ceapo PA's, they have a digital Tuner. No signal ? No output, even no static. So just switch on the PA set to a paired frequency with this wireless mic, switch on the mic and be ready. Put off the helmet, no signal, no noise.

If it sounds too good to be true ? I can tell you, it does work. :D It's so cheap you can simply mount it fixed in the helmet, so no battling sliding headphones and whatever in the helmet and stuff like that.

Thanks for the tip!! I'll deff check it out!! :)

Bingo want to pick one of those up for my ODST kit so I can be heard with my bucket on without shouting. Just need to get something on the other end so I can hear as well though.

I'm a fan of the Aker VoiceBooster Line. In my suit I currently use the 20W version with a headset running into the amplifier kept in a chest rig just below my armour plating and an old iPhone in one of the MOLLE pouches for sweet background music. 20W is definitely overkill and at half power I can bellow over a crowd fairly easily, most of the 501st goes with the 12W VoiceBooster as well as the iComm for added static burst to make comms sound grungy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back