Spi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

just me

So, to my knowledge, I am the first to post a thread about SPI armor build...
Thx to spartan 051 for the model and to box o crayons for unfolding.
After 3 days progress(and 6 bottles of Sprite)This is what is achieved:

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

Need to go buy some fiberglass resin and start resining&glassing the helm.
Next will be the chest.

JustMe

I like that SPI Helmet in all but the ONLY thing I didn't like was that they forgot to model in where the visor begins and where it ends.

Great helmet though keep it up dude.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Sean Bradley said:
Looks good, but why the new thread?

Sounds like he turning into a build thread not just reference pictures

ACDCrockr209 said:
I like that SPI Helmet in all but the ONLY thing I didn't like was that they forgot to model in where the visor begins and where it ends.

Great helmet though keep it up dude.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

The visor hard to tell because it blends into the body of them helm

But great job on the build cant wait to see it finished

Last edited by a moderator:
It's looking good. I think that the visor is gonna be pretty hard. If you have any experience with vacuum forming that may help out.

Yep, It's a build thread now.
Not experienced in vacuum forming, but i gotta learn.
The rest of the armor(-hands) are a B1tch to make, but i think the only way to go is fan-art.
(there was a guy at blenderartists who had a complete 3d model made. I had all the photos on my old hard drive, and when moved to my new com, I couldn't open the files.Anybody experienced in this?help appreciated.)

JustMe

Sean Bradley said:
No prob. I'd been looking for these recently too. I guess it helps to know where to look.
these renders are not accurate! Repeat not accurate! Please visit my othere spi armor forumif you are intersted in spi armor. Anyway good work on the helmet, im almost finished its those darn ligjts that are pissing me off. Great work btw.

actually there really close to the cover Eric Nylund didnt want to be released and i used alot of his renders as reference points for the helmet

Ghosts_of_Onyx_by_Rahll.jpg

Spartan 051 said:
actually there really close to the cover Eric Nylund didnt want to be released and i used alot of his renders as reference points for the helmet

Ghosts_of_Onyx_by_Rahll.jpg

they should've used that cover

SPARTAN110 said:
these renders are not accurate! Repeat not accurate! Please visit my othere spi armor forumif you are intersted in spi armor. Anyway good work on the helmet, im almost finished its those darn ligjts that are pissing me off. Great work btw.

Well, nobody said it was 100%, it's just another reference that's been floating out there. How exactly can you gauge accuracy on an armor permutation that's never been in a game? Accuracy cannot be derived from multiple illustrations, each different in detailing. For something that has no in-game cannonical basis, I'd say that preference weights heavily, and at some point you're going to have to take a guess.

I guess what I'm saying is that getting huffy about accuracy this early in the SPI progress is going to lead you down a very argumentative road.

Use it if you can, but NEVER turn away reference material.

There is not a "real" SPI armor chest-Just fanart and that one crappy cover.(I think that the chest looks stupid on it.)
I am making my armor from those 3ds, because they are the best reference out there.
I don't give a Flying Duck if they are accurate or not.

JustMe
(Did not want to Swear)

Sean Bradley said:
Well, nobody said it was 100%, it's just another reference that's been floating out there. How exactly can you gauge accuracy on an armor permutation that's never been in a game? Accuracy cannot be derived from multiple illustrations, each different in detailing. For something that has no in-game cannonical basis, I'd say that preference weights heavily, and at some point you're going to have to take a guess.

I guess what I'm saying is that getting huffy about accuracy this early in the SPI progress is going to lead you down a very argumentative road.

Use it if you can, but NEVER turn away reference material.

I dont know if i would agree with you Sean on how to gauge accuracy. If your gauging it from the source the picture below is the most "accurate" SPI armor but i totally agree with you that its all on preference and you can never turn down good reference material

SPI.jpg

EDIT: By the way any complaints on the helm?

Back on topic, argue with PMs if you really need. Do you think I could use The MKV Boots/Greaves pep for the legs?(Modified, Of course)

JustMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back