Spi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking it up i think your correct about using the mark v for the greaves and boots. Yes they will need some modification but it would be great for the basic shape

Spartan 051 said:
I dont know if i would agree with you Sean on how to gauge accuracy. If your gauging it from the source the picture below is the most "accurate" SPI armor but i totally agree with you that its all on preference and you can never turn down good reference material

So what you're saying is that you're taking that image as the source? Accuracy typically denotes how close a copy is to the original. In this case there is no game model that is definitively the original source, just interpretations from vaious artists. The image you cited is the most recent, so I understand your logic there.

Anyhow, I just wanted you to clarify what you were taking as your source. Sorry for my interjection. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the image i posted was the only image from bungie which i regard as "accurate" because they did all the original work

Personally i wish they would have posed the SPI armor different on the cover its would have been nice to see what the rest of the armor looked like

UPDATE!!! CHEST PROGRESS!!

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

Say what you think.

JustMe

DOUBLE POST!!!
But it is a progress post so....

Minor update on the chest
DSC00567.jpg

...And a major update on the backpack(Well it it kinda finished.....)
DSC00568.jpg

I left holes on the shoulder boxes 'cause i think about putting a mesh there and lights behind it.

Tell me what ya think(Again)
JustMe

Update again.... It seems that I visit this thread more than anybody else.Well whatever.

Got something done with the biceps this weekend.

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

JustMe

Update.

Got something done with the gut plate.

DSC00603.jpg

Oh, and the codpiece is also done.

DSC00604.jpg

could you people show how have you done the armpits in your armor? I would appreciate help

JustMe

EDIT: Oh, And I went shopping on monday, bought resin and fiberglass cloth, soon I will be resining the helm(Here is a question: Do I need to resin cardboard pieces too??)

YoungSpartan said:
wow awesome work, do you have any updates ? its like a half year past and nobody replied this thread.

Umm, the reason nobody replied in half of a year is because he hasn't posted update, and unless you get a Moderators permission to revive a thread that is over a month old, then it's what we call here a "Necro Post".

Welcome to the Forums. Remember to check the last post-date, read the stickies, and use the search bar before posting a question. Remember, only you can help... I mean prevent Forest Fires.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't be hatin on me but i though this would be a great place to ask about the SPI gauntlet so does someone have a model for (i'll unfold it myself if i have to) or know an easy way to modify other forearm pieces i really wanna make some SPI armor after i finally finish my current project (please don't hit me with the banhammer [of possible gravitational properties] i'm sorry if this is considered a necro but i NEEDS files for the SPI armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back