Spielberg To Produce Halo: Fall Of Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I'd be thrilled about this. Just don't make it for kids steven, it is as adult game!

Ronster said:
Or worse. Indy 4...

I just never liked the idea of a Fall of Reach movie... cause then you'd have to show John's face and frankly, that would ruin the Master Chief for me...

No you wouldn't.

I've thought a lot about this movie. If I were directing it, there would be no glimpse of his face, and no one would be bothered by it. I'd also make it bloody and would probably focus a tad more on the controversy of the concept of the spartan project. It'd HAVE to be a 3 hour movie.

The thing is, Indy 4 was Lucas's fault. And Spielberg's last OFFICIAL movie was WOTW. Sure he was involved with the transformers movie, and considering how crappy the second one turned out, he did a good job making sure bay got what he wanted :/

Last edited by a moderator:
xalener said:
No you wouldn't.

I've thought a lot about this movie. If I were directing it, there would be no glimpse of his face, and no one would be bothered by it. I'd also make it bloody and would probably focus a tad more on the controversy of the concept of the spartan project. It'd HAVE to be a 3 hour movie.

The thing is, Indy 4 was Lucas's fault. And Spielberg's last OFFICIAL movie was WOTW. Sure he was involved with the transformers movie, and considering how crappy the second one turned out, he did a good job making sure bay got what he wanted :/

All the failings of Indy 4 cannot be placed solely at the feet of Lucas. Spielberg made plenty of mistakes too, and that makes me kinda thankful he hasn't been selected as director..

DogWizard said:
Look at the dates on the movies you included:

Jaws - 1975

IJ - 1981

ET - 1982

JP - 1993

Schindlers List - 1993

Even if you look at his whole filmography, he just doesn't make movies like he used to. I'll give props to the man - he has made some truly amazing and impactful films over the years, I just think that his best films are well behind him. Even at his very best, I'm not sure that this is even a genre he could tackle with any conviction. I just don't think that he could put together something that actual die-hard Halo fans would enjoy - especially if he "adapts" it from a storyline already accepted as canon. It will end up as a non-canon, watered down piece of "family-friendly", PG rated, feel good pablum designed to maximize the box office gross...

I'd love to be wrong (boy, would I love to be wrong), I just don't think I am... :(

+1

That's the sad part. Most of the great directors, including Spielberg have sold out to what Hollywood wants, rather than making groundbreaking movies that beat the odds. I am not saying that Spielberg isn't a good director, I'm just agreeing with DW about how his movies have changed over the past decade.

If you ask me, the director (if they really want to make the fans happy) should ask the fans what they want and dont want to see and actually listen to them.

Im just going to say this... If there isnt any comedy scenes like there is in the games I will be disappointed! I mean Halo is a game that involved Comedy with its games, whether they be Easter Eggs or not they are still there and I want my comedic lines Dang it! I want comedy in my action flicks!!!

Cheers,

Chris Gold

Chris Gold said:
Im just going to say this... If there isnt any comedy scenes like there is in the games I will be disappointed! I mean Halo is a game that involved Comedy with its games, whether they be Easter Eggs or not they are still there and I want my comedic lines Dang it! I want comedy in my action flicks!!!

Cheers,

Chris Gold

Yes, but what we don't want is some lame little kid comedy/action film. We want it to be for us older folks (I mean 15 and over as that is who the games were made for).

Spielberg if your listening (and you are making the film), We want a film that is not for the young kids. Halo was never for young kids (but many play it because their parents allow it). We want a film that sticks to the books and the games. Not some half arsed attempt at creating something with big bangs, explosions and special effects that has basically no plot, so that hollywood automatically accepts it. We want a film that sticks to the Halo storyline. Not some re-imagined or "evolution" (refering to titles like dragonball evolution) crap. Halo evolution??? NO! It can be a completley new story, so long as it fits in the halo universe and does not destroy, contradict or completley dissmiss the detailed background that has been created for the Halo franchise.

And you better not screw it up! You will have a lot of very angry and dissapointed people if you do.

Personally I would have picked Jackson for this film, as he knows what we want from it. Mind you, he could still get his shot. We never know.

This will not be a kids movie thats for sure. Most of Spielberg's films, in my opinion arent for the faint hearted or young kids. Only the Indiana Jones series and ET were for kids. The others like Jaws and Schindler's List were too gory

MINZEZ said:
Yes, but what we don't want is some lame little kid comedy/action film. We want it to be for us older folks (I mean 15 and over as that is who the games were made for).Spielberg if your listening (and you are making the film), We want a film that is not for the young kids. Halo was never for young kids (but many play it because their parents allow it). We want a film that sticks to the books and the games. Not some half arsed attempt at creating something with big bangs, explosions and special effects that has basically no plot, so that hollywood automatically accepts it. We want a film that sticks to the Halo storyline. Not some re-imagined or "evolution" (refering to titles like dragonball evolution) crap. Halo evolution??? NO! It can be a completley new story, so long as it fits in the halo universe and does not destroy, contradict or completley dissmiss the detailed background that has been created for the Halo franchise.And you better not screw it up! You will have a lot of very angry and dissapointed people if you do.Personally I would have picked Jackson for this film, as he knows what we want from it. Mind you, he could still get his shot. We never know.

Wow... That's all I wanted to say and more.

agreed. we could end up getting some lame animated(or live action :eek ) attempt like the star wars movie last summer

"and now from world renowned producer Stephen Spielberg, comes the thrilling tale of soldiers in a struggle with the EVIL covenant (cue laughable 'alien menace') in a war to save the EARTH!!! these guys and girls have to fight the problem without fighting eachother, learning values to get them through the day" and the toy line, tv show, spin-off video game from other company, and collectible coffee mug. oh yeah, its planned out, lol (oh, and the lunchbox!)

Peter Cooper said:
Isn't that a little sad, though? "It doesn't have to be good, so long as we have it!" ?

your right it is sad....hmmm..... this one is a real thinker.

listen guys. you gotta have faith in people's minds and hearts. You must see the good in all people.(except those people that hacked the wiki)lol. This man has been making films since before alot of us are born! he has been making mistakes, and has been making timeless classics like ET. We all make mistakes, and all do good as well. I have a feeling we should let him make our movie. and we should help him. look at it this way

PROS: this movie is being made by two stars unlike neill Blomkamp.

Spielberg has been making great films since before most of us were living

CONS: Spielberg made one mistake with Indy 4.

cheer up guys! It is OUR game comming to life......even though I would love to see some old fashioned ODST butt kicking!

Gearsofhalo said:
and has been making timeless classics like ET.

Which he then went back and "fixed" by replacing all the weapons with walkie-talkies because the guns "weren't appropriate". Do you seriously think that he's going to be OK with showing little kids being kidnapped and pushed out of Pelicans - not to mention in bloody hand-to-hand combat with adult DI's? Is this the guy who should be making the calls for a Halo move? I don't think so...

He has made more mistakes than just Indy 4...

link4044 said:
i think zack Snyder should Direct it

Meh, he seems to be better with character interaction than action. I mean, his fights are distinctive, but there's just no rush.

DogWizard said:
Which he then went back and "fixed" by replacing all the weapons with walkie-talkies because the guns "weren't appropriate". Do you seriously think that he's going to be OK with showing little kids being kidnapped and pushed out of Pelicans - not to mention in bloody hand-to-hand combat with adult DI's? Is this the guy who should be making the calls for a Halo move? I don't think so...

He has made more mistakes than just Indy 4...

wow I think you might be right. lol............Yup you're right.

Are you serious! The ET Remastered version seriously has Walkie-talkies in place of guns, or was that just an episode from South Park? I have only seen and own the original ET film.

And as for the Halo movie, why are some of us "bitching and complaining" (Words of my father) about Steven Spielberg possibly producing and maybe directing the Halo movie(s)? We should ALL be over joyed about the Halo movie even being picked up again. And all some of you can do is cry about it being made by a, what you guys who don't like the idea 100% are making it sound like a "Crappy director altogeather" may be doing the Halo movie(s).

Steven has done MANY great movies. Just to name a few, Jaws, ET, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers(Epic 10 epesode series), Indiana Jones (the 3 originals were GREAT), Jurassic Park, and MANY other great films. Sure Indy 4 was junk, but not all of the blaim should be placed on Steven. He didn't direct it.

Lets just wait, and see what happens. If we are luckey, the Halo movie will be made. If even more so luckey, the whole series (or Trilagy) of movies will be made Just be glad about it, and stop complaining about something that shouldn't be complained about.

EDIT: Just one more thing. I wouldn't worry about The rating. Even if its PG, It will have the standards of a film from 10 years ago being Rated 18A or 14A. If you watched Transformers 2, You will see that PLENTY of things that you never used to see in a PG movie were used in it. you have Megan Fox (atleast a PG-13 rating off the top), You see some girls panties (Im amaised They got that into there with a PG raiting) Drug use (Very well used, and VERY funny) "Pictures" of girls (You know what I mean) Swearing (Quote "What the "F"!") And many other things. Even in Canada (our ratings are 1 lower then the US ratings) It was supprising to see what they crammed into the film and got away with.

2 years ago, the rating of the film would be easily PG 13 or 14A, but the standards have lowered. Probably sooner or later, "R" movies will be PG 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back