Spielberg To Produce Halo: Fall Of Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Cooper said:
Have you considered the possibility that this was generated by someone who simply had no idea what was going on? Like, you know, Stuart Beattie?

In the top image, you see Spartans SURRENDERING. Plasma pistols firing pink in the lower image. The exact same air battle is taking place in the background. The stuff is awful, and it just makes me prouder of the work I've done with my concept artists for Operation Chastity to be honest.

Yeah, your concepts are awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Overlord_Ian said:
I think this image is fake, look closely, the elites are just photoshopped pics from Halo 2, 3, and Halo wars. And the elite on the far left? Its a multiplayer shot with... Dual SMGs?! I would hope the covenant would stick with covenant weapons in the movie, and if I see any multiplayer references at all, I will be really pissed.

EDIT

Haha this one looks even more fake, Look at the spartan's armor, it's a Halo 3 concept image, and mark VI in fall of reach? Also, look at the blurred-out elite on the right look a bit strange? Yes, its a halo 2 heretic elite, fighing alongside halo 3 grunts, in Fall of Feach, FAIL!!

Well, yeah. It's a bunch of renders photoshopped together. That can pass off as concept art because it's CONCEPT art. Have you seen the Termiator: Salvation stuff? lol.

But yes. The concetpt art is pathetic, really. How the hell is a half ton supersoldier standing on a broken down satilite dish?

I mean, I'm pretty sure they can work out a way to do Elites; if we can do an Arby costume then a professional effects studio can definitely make it, digitigrade legs and all. Pretty much the only CG they would need would be to do the armor and textures, as well as weapon fire and the Covenant vehicles and stuff.

You've all watched Star Wars (IV, V, and VI), I hope. They could do wonderful things with computers and scale models of Executor-class Star Destroyers (Super Star Destroyers) back then, and computers are about a million times better today. They don't really need to CG everything, it'd just look a bit better, possibly. Like I said before, any movie nowadays is bound to have CG and other sorts of editing, it just wouldn't look that good otherwise. But you don't have to CG everything, or else you're making an animated movie.

Anyways, I think the general consensus is that if we had a scriptwriter who knew what he was talking about, this could be win.

Continue? Y/N

You know ... maybe they should have hired the guy who has a smash hit Sci-Fi movie out .....

- Adulese

Adulese said:
You know ... maybe they should have hired the guy who has a smash hit Sci-Fi movie out .....

- Adulese

You mean Jackson and Blomkamp, amirite?

I just realised I can prodict the future: District 9 Determins Halo Movies Fate.

"Unless somebody else picks up Halo, nothing is going to happen until 2012 atleast. Jackson is working on "The Hobbit" (2010 I believe) and "The Hobbit 2" (2011 I believe). The Halo movie isn't getting made until those movies are finished, Jackson gets a script togeather, and they get funds. Unless Steven Spielberg picks this up, or there is one other hell of a directer, the Halo movie isn't going to bo worth seeing or even waiting for."

-Xtreme TACTICS 101

28 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Yey!

I'm of the opinion that the movie will fall far below this sites standards regardless of who does what. We all know movies are very rarely like or as good as the book.

Just my opinion, don't beat me.

Dizzerak said:
I'm of the opinion that the movie will fall far below this sites standards regardless of who does what. We all know movies are very rarely like or as good as the book.

Just my opinion, don't beat me.

BANHAMMER BEATING!!!

District 9 has no effect on the Halo movie's fate, that's been proven already as Blomkamp clearly stated he is no longer interested.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
District 9 has no effect on the Halo movie's fate, that's been proven already as Blomkamp clearly stated he is no longer interested.

*FACE PALM*...

Duh... We all knew that.

Lol, J/K. Seriously though, most of us do know that district 9 had/has no effect on the Halo movie(s). I was simply pointing out I could see the future *Starts waving fingers rapidly, imitating ghost speeking* Ohhhhhhhh...I Knowww...Theee...Futureeee!!!...Ohhhhhhh!!!.

Halo 3's Campaign...Bad?? *Chuckles* I beg to differ. Sure, we all have our own opinion about the Halo games campaign levels, but Halo 3's Campaign was awesome. It was like Halo and Halo 2 in 1 totally awesome game! It had Halo's great story line (not the same one, but just as good) and Halo 2's awesome graphics (for the time it was created, they were great). Halo 2 had a great story aswell, but I think that the Arbitors levels sort of cut the campaign into shreads. It was, at times, far to confusing. Halo on the other hand had a great, solid campaign story, but poor graphics compaired to todays graphics. Halo 3 had the good of Halo and Halo 2. How could it be bad?

Possibly you didn't enjoy it because it latched far too much on Halo CE's story? Or possibly the fact Sergant Johnson dies? Or its just another cliff hanger? In my opinion, Its best Johnson died, and its best that Halo 3 ended in another clif hanger. Sergant Johnson dieing really made the Halo universe what it is. The sacrafice of a true hero, for the greater good of Human kind. Its just like Saving Private Ryan. CPT. Miller (Tom Hanks) died at the end of the movie. It sent a very powerful message to the audiance.

As for Halo 3's cliff hanger ending, its best that way. It leaves the rest up to the imagination. its, in a way, like Star Wars (Episodes 4,5 and 6). Epesode 6 ends the star Wars Saga, but not really. What happens to Han Solo, the Princess and Chewy afterwords? Its the same with Luke. You have no clue, but you like to leave it up to the imagination.

Anyways, Spielberg isn't wrighting the movie. He may be the Exec. Producer. but hes only on boared if the Halo movie(s) go into full out production.

Dizzerak said:
Anyone have a spatula I could borrow? :p

better.

banbutton.gif

Rorschach/semaj said:
Oh dear... Spielberg is gonna write the Halo movie... This could be the worst thing to happen to Halo since 3's campaign...

trashcat.jpg

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Halo 3's Campaign...Bad?? *Chuckles* I beg to differ. Sure, we all have our own opinion about the Halo games campaign levels, but Halo 3's Campaign was awesome. It was like Halo and Halo 2 in 1 totally awesome game! It had Halo's great story line (not the same one, but just as good) and Halo 2's awesome graphics (for the time it was created, they were great). Halo 2 had a great story aswell, but I think that the Arbitors levels sort of cut the campaign into shreads. It was, at times, far to confusing. Halo on the other hand had a great, solid campaign story, but poor graphics compaired to todays graphics. Halo 3 had the good of Halo and Halo 2. How could it be bad?

Possibly you didn't enjoy it because it latched far too much on Halo CE's story? Or possibly the fact Sergant Johnson dies? Or its just another cliff hanger? In my opinion, Its best Johnson died, and its best that Halo 3 ended in another clif hanger. Sergant Johnson dieing really made the Halo universe what it is. The sacrafice of a true hero, for the greater good of Human kind. Its just like Saving Private Ryan. CPT. Miller (Tom Hanks) died at the end of the movie. It sent a very powerful message to the audiance.

As for Halo 3's cliff hanger ending, its best that way. It leaves the rest up to the imagination. its, in a way, like Star Wars (Episodes 4,5 and 6). Epesode 6 ends the star Wars Saga, but not really. What happens to Han Solo, the Princess and Chewy afterwords? Its the same with Luke. You have no clue, but you like to leave it up to the imagination.

Anyways, Spielberg isn't wrighting the movie. He may be the Exec. Producer. but hes only on boared if the Halo movie(s) go into full out production.

Halo 2's storyline didn't confuse me at all. I disliked Halo 3 because the story didn't even advance, or even really END. They just killed off some main characters and shot the protagonist into space.

I can wait till 2012. Some fools screaming because of an unfinished calendar won't keep me from enjoying what could be the FIRST good game movie. I'm not going to let Beattie kill my hope. I'm not worried abut Steve at all. I'm worried about Stew. The writer of GI Joe.

In my opinion: We cant judge what we havnt seen. And we cant say its gonna be a bad movie just by looking at what spielberg has accomplished so far. personally, I cant wait till it comes out. When it does come out, some of us will be dissapointed and some wont. Its a question of taste really :) Is there any news on whos directing it or cast?

the schnitzel :D

Beattie says he wants this to be his first directing job. I don't remember where I read it, but I did. Hey may not direct though, so there's still SOME hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back