Tutorial: How To Make Good Folds For Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH?

are you serious with that type font?

please read the stickies in the creation pep sectionand all your dreams will come true!

oh, welcome!

...as for the topic. the pen idea sounds awesome, all this time ive been using my fingers.

Also if anyone reads this there is a button next to the connect divide button (the zipper and its the button to the right) if you click it you can go in and set the line colors so you dont have to do it yourself hope this helps :)

Yes you can change the line colors but they still need to be scored. Pens will work just fine. I use a seam ripper to score my fold lines. I would suggest changing the color (if you don't mind using the ink) and using a seam ripper. That's just my own opinion.

What I do is change the color then when i go to fold it i use the back side of my xacto(spelling?) to score it its a bit easier I think so atleast.

I am sure I am probably the n00biest person on this site as of now, but I'm getting impatient. If someone could please point me in the direction of a thread that tells you how to understand the construction of pep. creations (what glues to what, what the ID's mean). Please yell at me for posting this, and please add the thread to look in... :)

tlither said:
Yes you can change the line colors but they still need to be scored. Pens will work just fine. I use a seam ripper to score my fold lines. I would suggest changing the color (if you don't mind using the ink) and using a seam ripper. That's just my own opinion.
Hmm, I never thought of that and I have one in my sewing kit that I never use. I'll have to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
link4044 said:
read the stickes or download the e-zine

thanks link, i checked them out. the e-zine is totally awesome, i love the design. I saw this tut on scoring and such, but he never told me what glues to what - :(

this works good. but just a tid bit i use a pizza cutter to roll the lines with the ruler. makes very good crease and smooth consistant depth of crease with it as well. I am new to this site so this is my first post i hope it is usefull.

also found that there are some new tech for appling a paint that has a filler built into it. this may come in handy for uniformed application of thin coats of bondo. :D

thanks

sparten11

How do I know what angle? do I just make an educated geuss, or is there something I'm missing (I'm-a noob, most important things are invisible to me )

Thanks in advance

H4X0R117 said:
How do I know what angle? do I just make an educated geuss, or is there something I'm missing (I'm-a noob, most important things are invisible to me )

Thanks in advance

To make things easy, just match up the numbers and glue them together. You shouldn't have to worry about angles because as you glue they will be formed on their own.

Awesome tutorial, I just printed out Mark VI helmet today and I would have honestly not known which way to fold had it not been for this tutorial. Thanks

Iceman29 said:
To make things easy, just match up the numbers and glue them together. You shouldn't have to worry about angles because as you glue they will be formed on their own.

Thanks, I now have a new piece of knowledge to take space in my already overcrowded head!

Jamie-1510 said:
How do you know if its a mountain fold or a valley fold?
Black Pen - Mountain Fold
Red Pen - Valley Fold.

Also, the folding lines that are printed have different patterns making it easier to identify mountain and valley folds.

Thanks alot this helps.
I usually don't color my lines i just print it black and white but this sounds like it makes it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back