Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure how to use wikia but this bit's annoying the crap outa me:
"The detail must be turned down a little from the game model because of how small the pieces would get."

its never been turned down apart from size testers and lately its been turned up a few notches

EDIT: oh and this too:
"The Most detailed pep items (Moderate-Intermediate) will be from Slyfo, Flying Squirl, and NZ-TK" it should have at least an "among others".

flying_squirl said:
"The detail must be turned down a little from the game model because of how small the pieces would get."

its never been turned down apart from size testers and lately its been turned up a few notches

"The Most detailed pep items (Moderate-Intermediate) will be from Slyfo, Flying Squirl, and NZ-TK" it should have at least an "among others".

Hey, it's a wiki, you're an expert, your contributions would be welcomed. I know I've gone through and killed a lot of the forum rhetoric and attitude on a few articles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy said:
Hey, it's a wiki, you're an expert, your contributions would be welcomed. I know I've gone through and killed a lot of the forum rhetoric and attitude on a few articles.
Exactly. If you don't like something, change it. That's what you can do with a wiki.

The scaling method isn't really by Frizzlefry. The first scaling method was made by him, except the models have changed, as have the scaling systems. It used to be that 30.342 was full scale. Now the full scale is different for each modeler. There are now models with 86, 0.3xxx, 19.xxx, etc. I re-wrote the whole thing to make it so you could scale any modelers piece using the assembled hieght box. If we're going to credit it to Frizzlefry, then we might as well say "HD models, by Bungie", "Halo 3, custom high detail models, by Bungie".

Frizzlefry's:
Frizzlefry said:
Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.
Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558
Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979
Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"
Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

Mine:
Robogenisis said:
  1. Find out your height in inches.
  2. Divide your height by 86. xx / 86 = x.xxxxx
  3. Take the number you found in step 2, and multiply it by 31.9. x.xxxxx * 31.9 = xx.xxxxx
  4. Go to Pepakura Designer, open the helmet, and go to the "scale by specifing value".
  5. Enter the number you found in step 4 in the assembled height box. This is the height of the helmet in centimeters.
  6. Re-arrange the parts in the 2D Pattern window so that no pieces overlap the page boarders.
  7. Go to print preview and make sure that all the pieces fit on the pages.
  8. Print.

flying_squirl said:

the first part i said was to protect us from MS, if we said, its the exact game model, that would be illigal. this way it atleast looks like we've edited the model. and Flying, dont tell me that your model is exacto-perfect to the game.

EDIT: I was also looking at te JediFraz models.... Which are still the best for people new to pep.

The second part was written by me at 11pm, i just named names off the top of my head.

NOW.
dont get pissed off at me, or at what it says, you think the wiki's suposed to be perfect after just 4 hours of work?? all of it mine btw (on pbwiki) so im sooo sorry, but it is a wiki. so if you dont like it. change it.

Vrogy said:
hmmm... ok, ill figure it out n sort those parts out. :)

Robogenisis said:
we might as well say "HD models, by Bungie", "Halo 3, custom high detail models, by Bungie".
noooooooooooooooooo:lol:

EDIT:
Xavier said:
the first part i said was to protect us from MS, if we said, its the exact game model, that would be illigal. this way it atleast looks like we've edited the model. and Flying, dont tell me that your model is exacto-perfect to the game.
.... so im sooo sorry, but it is a wiki. so if you dont like it. change it.
calm down, i was just saying they bothered me i didn't say you did a crap job cuz you didn't! i hadnt checked out how to go about editing it yet (checking now) so i just said it.

ps, i never said mine were exacto- perfect to the game and editing the models is also illegal in the same sense as using the plain models.

flying_squirl said:
hmmm... ok, ill figure it out n sort those parts out. :)
noooooooooooooooooo:lol:

EDIT:

calm down, i was just saying they bothered me i didn't say you did a crap job cuz you didn't! i hadnt checked out how to go about editing it yet (checking now) so i just said it.

ps, i never said mine were exacto- perfect to the game and editing the models is also illegal in the same sense as using the plain models.

okay, so instead of checking out how to fix it... you obviously thought that comming here and saying something about it would be more effective... if youve even read the thread you would know that i was the one who did the entire pep section... so you were saying something about me.

Lets talk about this here
Paper is cheap. Printing is cheap. Resin is pretty cheap. Halo is a game. Games have models. Gooo!
that is implying that we took models from the games.... is that not the last thing we want to do?

Xavier said:
okay, so instead of checking out how to fix it... you obviously thought that comming here and saying something about it would be more effective... if youve even read the thread you would know that i was the one who did the entire pep section... so you were saying something about me.

Lets talk about this here

that is implying that we took models from the games.... is that not the last thing we want to do?
i'de just like to say i dont want to argue with you. i came here cuz i happened to have the page opened at the same time. i did read the thread and yes i know you did it yourself (four hours right?) and yes i did say some thing about you, it was this:

flying_squirl said:
...i didn't say you did a crap job cuz you didn't!....
extra emphasis on the last part.

as for the

Paper is cheap. Printing is cheap. Resin is pretty cheap. Halo is a game. Games have models. Gooo!
i dont know who wrote that and it definitely wasn't me. as for the idea that were using the game models... i think its pretty obvious but thats not to say your incorrect in trying to play it down.

as i said i dont want to argue with you, im just trying to clear this up. sorry if you were offended.

flying_squirl said:
i'de just like to say i dont want to argue with you. i came here cuz i happened to have the page opened at the same time. i did read the thread and yes i know you did it yourself (four hours right?) and yes i did say some thing about you, it was this:
extra emphasis on the last part.

as for the

i dont know who wrote that and it definitely wasn't me. as for the idea that were using the game models... i think its pretty obvious but thats not to say your incorrect in trying to play it down.

as i said i dont want to argue with you, im just trying to clear this up. sorry if you were offended.

Vrogy said that last part.

I started working on the boxes and layout and whatnot... I plan on making it black background and blue lines for boxes and whatnot.... but I cant figure out hwo to change the boxes. Any ideas?

EDIT: now we cant edit the front page? Whats going on?

A wiki has sections where information is stored, and information is stored into catagories, I think the model of stickies and wikipedia's category model is the same, it would basically mean copy/pasting the stickies to a wiki page which in the end replicates what we have in the 405th forums.

AoBfrost said:
A wiki has sections where information is stored, and information is stored into catagories, I think the model of stickies and wikipedia's category model is the same, it would basically mean copy/pasting the stickies to a wiki page which in the end replicates what we have in the 405th forums.
I still think a wiki is better because a wiki can be edited by anyone, so that the tutorials can become more clear and accurate, and can be orginized much better. On the forums, the tutorial is edited only be the person who made it, and there aren't sections or anything like that.

Moderators can edit the tutorials to be more clearly written and grammatical, my hot glue tutorial was edited by Sean before being stickied, if a moderator thinks the tutorial/method is good enough to be stickied, then it's fine the way it is, being editable by anyone is dangerous, someone could come and just erase or edit things to be incorrect. Atleast here on forums, all info is safe to the creator and moderators.

AoBfrost said:
Moderators can edit the tutorials to be more clearly written and grammatical, my hot glue tutorial was edited by Sean before being stickied, if a moderator thinks the tutorial/method is good enough to be stickied, then it's fine the way it is, being editable by anyone is dangerous, someone could come and just erase or edit things to be incorrect. Atleast here on forums, all info is safe to the creator and moderators.
I can see that I won't change your mind, but if someone, for whatever reason, deletes or edits something, there is a "rollback" feature, and that person who did the deleting or editing's IP address and/or account can be banned.

It says i need an invite key, could someone send me on please? I will start working or whatever i can.

Email :matt.walton56@gmail.com

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back