Wooden helmet (Beware 56k! BEWARE!) Final pics on 4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY!! Here are the first pics of the painted helm. This is the first coat, second is currently drying, so excuse the newspaper being seen through it. Tommorrow looks like the day it'll be finished.

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0251.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

Lets get some feedback!!

Chris

PS> WOW, three pages, I am flattered.

No, I actually have plenty of clearance on all sides, enough for a fan and maybe a small speaker system so I have my own theme music when walking. :mrgreen:

I was actually a little worried about the color for a few hours, when I put it on it was flourescent pink.

Chris

Ya, a face shield and some detailing. For the holes in the top of the helm, I am painting them black with a liquid rubber, plastidip. Then i will hit up some highlights for shadowy effects and voila! The best spartan helm in my zip code! :mrgreen:

As far as visors go, are soft visors acceptable or are they a social fuax Paugh?

Chris

I have used the plastidip before for coating things and it works well for that. I would not use it for anything more than that, there is no structural support in it at all.

Chris

And now, I present to you a completed Helmet!!!

DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

I am so happy :kit: I just wanna dance!!

The face shield is an emergency space blanket. Basically an aluminum sheet that you can see through in the right lighting conditions.

Let me know what you think,

Chris.

PS> can I also post this in the completed section of the show room?

Well, this was odd...

My mother walked into my room and found the helmet on my dresser. She starts asking about what it is in a very nasty tone and when trying to say what it is, calls it a cow head.

Now I am insulted, I worked hard on that. Besides, cows are black and white.

I started work on the rest of the armor today, so expect some pictures once I can get my router replaced.(it exploded)

Chris

PS> for those of you wondering how, I am using my mothers lappy to use non-encrypted wireless in the neighborhood.

lol, i know how you feel about the helmet/cow thing, everyione in my house keeps saying "what are you making?!?!, whats it supposed to be??, are you gonna wear that???" gets very annoying...

Okay,
So i know it has been awhile since I last posted but school started up and therefore work was needed to be done.

Anywho, I have been working continually on the wooden armor but it is not ready for me to show yet, but here are some pics of the cardboard/foam/duct tape armor I made for Halloween. The undersuit is comprised of Chick-Fil-A uniform pants I "forgot" to return upon quiting and a police style sweater. Very warm and comfortable when standing, the thing was annoying as all get out when sitting down.

DSCN0319.jpg

Me just standing there all cool like
DSCN0323.jpg

A pose shot
DSCN0320.jpg

Last visible thing before a beat down.

Let me know what you guys think,
Chris

P.S. I would have started a new thread but it wouldn't let me. Why is this?

Well, it's definetely the best wooden helmet I've ever seen. Nice job, I know wood is hard to work with. As for me, I'll stick with cardboard (it's just as woody as paper mache), and pepakura. Way to bring something different to the table though!

looks like some hard work on the helmet. Try your hand a pepakura next time we could always use another experienced pepper (MY WORD) in the 405th

heh, I had the same feelings when I made my pep helmet,
except, i knew kinda how it'd turn out.

i know the amount of hard work that was spent into making something like this...
but... I just can't help but chuckle when i see your helm, :lol:
it's so chunky and made of wood! lol..

anyways, props to you for the time spent,
dedication man... dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back