Wow, I Discovered Panorama Photoshopping For Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Hi all,
I just discovered panorama making in Photoshop Elements 3 program.
I shot a few pics by my crappy 7 years old Canon Finepix (real crap), imported pictures in Photomerge application
and got a result I didn't anticipate :)
It looks just perfect imho.
2944113920_2f028453ff_b.jpg
You can click on picture to enlarge, but be ready to wait a while - it is 11892 x 1264 pixels by size :)

Oh, and lil about what I photographed - it is park (they're still building it) near my home (~100 m from it) ant that girl on bike - my 6 yrs old daughter :)

Photoshop Elements 3 Rulez 4evah!

Try keeping the exposure/ISO settings the same for each picture.

or buy a canon! even my 4 year old canon powershot has a special panorama mode (with half the screen review and half new foto, so you can match them up better). also, newer canon's can take bracketed pictures for HDR photos (with modded firmware), a truly awesome feature.

[attachment=6765:ST_0001.JPG]
swing is a bit crooked and the power lines are messed up, but other than that, there are no visible seams and no difference in brightness between pictures.

EDiT: if any of you know a good image hoster for one-time stuff, could you PM me please?

TF_Productions said:
Try keeping the exposure/ISO settings the same for each picture. or buy a canon! even my 4 year old canon powershot has a special panorama mode (with half the screen review and half new foto, so you can match them up better).
Thanks for advices! You have real mad skills!
I used auto exposure so pictures are different in colour =(

Btw, weather on my panorama is what I have now :) And where you've got so many snow?

Last edited by a moderator:
bevbor said:
Thanks for advices! You have real mad skills!
I used auto exposure so pictures are different in colour =(

Btw, weather on my panorama is what I have now :) And where you've got so many snow?
Germany (near the albs), but that was a few years ago :(

anyway, I'm glad to help people, especially when every idiot is running around with a digital camera. Good/different stuff is worth doing IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the clone stamp tool as well in Photoshop, can use it to patch and blend the seams together so they aren't as noticeable. The real key is lighting though, as said earlier use the same exposure settings for each picture. If I was hired to do a panorama shot, I'd try and do some color correction on all the photos just to be sure before patching. For final touches, I recommend a free Photoshop plugin called Virtual Photographer, does wonders.

Cheers,
Kensai

Very neat. Still, all the photoshopping in the world isn't gonna get a perfect 360 panoramic view, i'm sure we don't have a NASA-type budget lol

btw i CANNOT WAIT UNTIL CS4 COMES OUT!!!!

there are AFAIK some freeware stitching programs which do the job quite well. The program canon provides is also not too bad, and it crops the picture automatically.

You could have a look at Hugin or Autostitch (from wiki)

also, Adam, I am slightly jealous, but only slightly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back