Props Xmas coke bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ssyn said:
Meh.
IMHO, The red laser kills it
and I'd rather not mess with manufactured electronics as so.

Tough crowd... best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
Not to be a busybody, but you've all see the Laserball 360 available for $5 at Radio Shack, right?

4PlasmaGrenadePic2.jpg

4PlasmaGrenadePic1.jpg

http://www.zircon.com/sellpages/LevelAndLa...erBall-pix.html

For that price, it's hard to beat.
me and my freind were going to get some of these but the rs by me was discontinueing them

I finally saw the Laserball at my local electronics shop, but it was more like $25, of course thats NZ dollars vs greenbacks, but it still makes it about $15, a bit out of my price range :cautious: :cautious:

Those pics are of the Laserball as it comes in the package... sans the logos and text.... I removed those with some acetone.

You could remove the red laser and pack a few more LED's in there if you wanted... it's made from translucent cobalt blue plastic...with white LED's inside.

Sean Bradley said:
Those pics are of the Laserball as it comes in the package... sans the logos and text.... I removed those with some acetone.

You could remove the red laser and pack a few more LED's in there if you wanted... it's made from translucent cobalt blue plastic...with white LED's inside.
wow. thats nice. im totally getting one now.. thats defanatly a steal.
ahh i found it on radioshack's online store, cheapest place online i can find it too.... some other sites sell it from 25$-7$, home and beyond has it for 5.99
4.97 at radioshack! lol
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...=2166873&cp

--edit. ohh wait its in stores only. but im in luck, my local store has it in stock!

edit2-- just got back, now im the proud owner of 2 laserball 360's taking one apart as i type.. :D
edit3-- its a blue led inside, theres only one, i added a second led by using the negative and positive wires for the laser, and tucked it underneth the chip, also i want to spray a ligh coat of blur spray paint over the level. :D

helios said:
And we don't get Game Fuel, but we have V, the greatest Energy drink of all time,
have you ever even tried BAWLS?? theres no way it could be better. and the name just makes it better

post-3050-1196400637_thumb.jpg

and i'd say cut open a few blue glow sticks and pour them in there and it would look just about perfect

Jarhead said:
Be advised that most grenades don't weigh more than 2 to 2.5 oz except for demolition grenades that can be up to 6oz.

huh? a standard issue m67 fragmentation grenade, the army standard issue, weighs about 2 pounds. It has 6.7 oz of explosive alone.

thefreeman said:
huh? a standard issue m67 fragmentation grenade, the army standard issue, weighs about 2 pounds. It has 6.7 oz of explosive alone.
Hmm, things change, 2.5 pounds used to be a demo grenade. But costume props don't need to be real world weights so does it really matter?, as long as it weighs something it should be good enough.

These coke ball bottles are sold individually ($1 each) out of a big middle-of-the-aisle bin at my local Super Wal-Mart (Friendswood, Texas). The snowflakes on the label do make me think this is a seasonal sales booster - coke sales prob slump a little in the cold months.

I am not planning on doing anything with mine at this time, got other projects going. But I wanted to alert other members, so they may find them in their areas and get creative. Spase was looking for plastic spheres for his PG project awhile back, maybe he would like to jump on this. He is on the other side of Houston from me, so should find these at local Super Wal-marts on that end of town too.

I did have thougths of sanding the outside to diffuse the light and mounting battery and LEDS inside. If I could create a seperate chamber within the bottle, I could vent it and drop a chunk of dry ice in with a little water to make the grenade smoke. The neck of the bottle is easily heated 'til soft and pinched off to create a more proper sphere.

I've been hunting for these and still no luck. Seriously though....I love this idea, and I want to find em!
I also happen to be a Coke lover, so... they'd be targetted reguardless.

I went to this special store last week and i saw that they were selling Dr. Pepper. Thought why not so i bought it and took a sip and i tasted like ****. It tasted like the medicine i used to take when i was younger. Horrible... Over here, we had cherry coke for like a year then they took it away :mad:

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
I went to this special store last week and i saw that they were selling Dr. Pepper. Thought why not so i bought it and took a sip and i tasted like ****. It tasted like the medicine i used to take when i was younger. Horrible... Over here, we had cherry coke for like a year then they took it away :mad:
That was bloody un sporting of them, you should write to Coke and gripe :mad:

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:

doctor pepper is my favorite drink man i want to live where u do cuz it sounds like they got some tasty medicine!, and its a pepsi product so if u are gonna write a letter about it then dont send it to coke lol. unless u would be doing one for cherry coke that is, mmmm deeelicious.

and nice find on that coke bottle btw but i havent been to walmart for a while now =/ weve had no reason to go there... until now!

if your going 2 turn that into a frag gernade eather make rounded edges mounds not 2 tall and just glue it on if i were u i would just use card borad cause its cheap and you can fix easly (except for my br im goign 2 carve that out of styrofoam then fiber glass it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back