*done*my Rubiks Cube Costume,simple, But Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian S said:
OMG you are so lucky! All of my teachers hate it when I play with mine in class. My record time so far is 55 seconds, no joke!

My record with a good, lubed and loosened cube is about 48 or so... otherwise, it goes up to around 55 like your time with a brand-new cube cause it turns slower.

My teachers were just like "Stop doing that."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice costume, I did that a couple years ago. My brother and i both went as Rubix cubes for halloween,but wee didn't have arm holes. The middle square on the front was a little door with a hand on the inside. It was fun,but I couldn't fit through the door for school in it.

Also: At my school rubix cubes are like contraband XP We're not allowed to have them. Teachers will take them up,tis the rules and for multiple offenses you get detention,ISS and OSS, just like for having a cell phone.

Lol we got out of math homework for a week by making a risky bet with our math techer that she couldnt get one solved in 3 minutes and shed have to not give homework for a week. but if we lost, we had double homework...we win!

/thanks Everyone.

Ill have to bring this thing to school and make some bets... ^^

BTW, I won a $15 Best Buy gift card with this costume. That just about covers the cost of the costume... ^^
Ive got the top side of this cube solved, and now Im stuck, any pointers?

In my health class our teacher was cool so all we would do is play calc games and play with rubix cubes and one of my friends solved it in 29 seconds. I actually timed him. I can only solve the first two layers though.

Kaya Tetsu said:
Also: At my school rubix cubes are like contraband XP We're not allowed to have them. Teachers will take them up,tis the rules and for multiple offenses you get detention,ISS and OSS, just like for having a cell phone.
What's the point in that? Take a rubiks cube to school, and if the teachers complain tell them:
The rubiks cube is a genious puzzle invented by... (blah blah blah).
The way to solve the rubik cube, is behind a complicated mathematic alghorythm formula.
Learning this formula, will increase my mathematic skills... (blah blah blah)...

They cant say no to that...

-FSS

BlacRoseImmortal said:
HAHAHAH! That is adorable!

BTW how fast can you solve a rubix cube? My Welding teacher can solve it in under 1 minute 45 seconds and by only peeking at the cube every 10 turns to make sure he's staying on track... thats ridiculous!
my fastest was 47 seconds

Dude that is the a great costume idea! I am jealous!!! :p Anyway, since everyone is posting their Rubik's cube times, here is mine:
My average time for a 3x3x3 cube (regular size) is about 1 minute 10 seconds.
My favorite though, is my 5x5x5 Rubik's cube. (professor's cube) It took me 2 weeks to solve when I first got it, but now after lots of practice I can solve it in around 5-6 minutes. It can be way annoying sometimes, but the end result is totally worth it!!!

Here is a picture of my 5x5x5 worn from lots of use. It's sitting on its special stand. :lol: You don't have to tell me I'm a nerd. I already know. :cool:

IMGP0518.jpg

i never could finish a rubiks cube. i guess im just made of fail, then.... sweet costume keegan, you should keep it for next year too.

rvb4life said:
i never could finish a rubiks cube. i guess im just made of fail, then.... sweet costume keegan, you should keep it for next year too.

Hey, i haven't been on in forever and I was just just checking in and as soon as I saw this thread I knew I had to post. I am really good at rubiks cubes. I can solve a 3x3x3 in a little over a minute and a 4x4x4 in 3 or 4 minutes. I have never tried a 5x5x5 but i am guessing it is a mix of both the techniques used in a 3x3x3 and a 4x4x4

agbates said:
Hey, i haven't been on in forever and I was just just checking in and as soon as I saw this thread I knew I had to post. I am really good at rubiks cubes. I can solve a 3x3x3 in a little over a minute and a 4x4x4 in 3 or 4 minutes. I have never tried a 5x5x5 but i am guessing it is a mix of both the techniques used in a 3x3x3 and a 4x4x4

Yeah its very similar. You need to know how to solve a 3x3x3 to finish a 5x5x5. I don't own a 4x4x4 but I have solved my friends the same way I would a 5x5x5, so yes they are very similar. I have heard that the 4x4x4 is actually more difficult since it doesn't have fixed edges and it can have parity problems which the 5x5x5 doesn't have. Oh and to continue with the intent of this topic... I can't wait to see your costume finished Keegan!!!

BlacRoseImmortal said:
HAHAHAH! That is adorable!

BTW how fast can you solve a rubix cube? My Welding teacher can solve it in under 1 minute 45 seconds and by only peeking at the cube every 10 turns to make sure he's staying on track... thats ridiculous!
my friend is 11 and his record speed is around 34 seconds

Im glad everyone loves the costume.

Also reporting Im not dead, the surgery on my arm went well. The pins are kinda weird feeling but, it doesnt hurt. =]
G33K, it is done... :S

Finnish_Spartan said:
What's the point in that? Take a rubiks cube to school, and if the teachers complain tell them:
The rubiks cube is a genious puzzle invented by... (blah blah blah).
The way to solve the rubik cube, is behind a complicated mathematic alghorythm formula.
Learning this formula, will increase my mathematic skills... (blah blah blah)...

They cant say no to that...

-FSS
We (my friends and I) tried it :sleep: It didn't work...

Teachers can be so mean sometimes..

@ Keegan

Been there, done that. Stay away from anything large with magnetic properties. Seriously though, wait until they come out. It feels different for a bit and it might make you a little sick (bone marrow + blood),but once you start builing your arms strength again it feels great. Wish you luck and not to have arthritis like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back