Mesh's ODST BDU Mk2 (Camouflage MTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you thought about weathering it? It looks great. straight off the assembly line........but that just means no combat experience....or you just got a new set of fatigues. It just looks too......neat. and perhaps dome dirt on the fingers. They also look too clean for an ODST in the middle of combat.

Mesh if you're looking for some pose ideas you can always do what I did and dig through the desktop background folder and concept art books. I showed those images to my photographer and she just went wild with it, if you're after a bit of inspiration she's Hanamaru Photography on Facebook and there's a few ODST shots uploaded.

photos photos photos photos :D

1B9r9Cw.jpg
OsmZP0z.jpg
1AF6DsB.jpg
ALtAhiH.jpg
69qn9N7.jpg
6LwniWd.jpg
XMC2YEf.jpg

What ya think :D

PCkQPsl.jpg

Quick update, I've reworked the Ab Section of my armour ^.^
I removed the cumbersome ab section so I have more mobility with the belt.

Hey all! Double update here - Two cons have passed since my last update, the first one was the major local con, Showmasters Film and Comic Con Cardiff!
I didn't get many photos :(
Here are the ones I did get, I trooped with an ODST I made in 5 days!

CPRkpMi.jpg

Rh3PnPx.jpg

RJHDsIx.jpg

GNpUeHM.jpg

The second con was a independent con called Geekedfest (Swansea)
Between the two cons, I changed the undersuit and added a few extra colour splashes
qECFIWi.jpg

0buLZIL.jpg

FfAGkIV.jpg

How the hell do you make a 5 day ODST???? I know you go to school but even still.......that is a hell of a lot of work for just 5 days. You working on getting on to Cosplay Melee or something? Have to cut it down to 3 days though. Great job. One thing I notice.....not sure but it looks like your weapon is weathered a bit.....but your suit looks right out of the box new.....

How the hell do you make a 5 day ODST???? I know you go to school but even still.......that is a hell of a lot of work for just 5 days. You working on getting on to Cosplay Melee or something? Have to cut it down to 3 days though. Great job. One thing I notice.....not sure but it looks like your weapon is weathered a bit.....but your suit looks right out of the box new.....

I'm not actually in school ;P

My main problem with the armour is the fabric coating, it means I can't dry brush the edges for that weared down effect, half because there are no sharp edges, and half because it wont look good with the fabric. If you notice, on some places I've taken a flame to it to burn holes, but other than that I'm stumped on what I can do to weather the armour :(

Paint...... dry brush browns and whites.....even a touch of black here and there.....try tearing/fraying some of the edges of the armor. Elbow and knees for instance.......So not in school......work? You look kind of young that is why I said school. Even still......5 days to build a suit is wicked!!

Paint...... dry brush browns and whites.....even a touch of black here and there.....try tearing/fraying some of the edges of the armor. Elbow and knees for instance.......So not in school......work? You look kind of young that is why I said school. Even still......5 days to build a suit is wicked!!

At the time of making that armour, I was unemployed :p I had just been dismissed from my major job - I'm now picking up work where I can however :D

oops....sorry I brought it up........ ARMOR LOOKS GREAT!!!!! :D :D (As I smile awkwardly)......

I'm not actually in school ;P

My main problem with the armour is the fabric coating, it means I can't dry brush the edges for that weared down effect, half because there are no sharp edges, and half because it wont look good with the fabric. If you notice, on some places I've taken a flame to it to burn holes, but other than that I'm stumped on what I can do to weather the armour :(

When in doubt, cheapo paints or actually going out and beating the daylights out of your fabric will help weather it. Go down to a beach or gravel pit and run it through coarse grit and get scuffs and dust into it. Go for a run with the boots through the mud. Did anyone say fire? Singe some edges to brown them up.

Just go crazy and have some fun.

I'm looking forward to this part of my WIP NCR Ranger for the duster. Weathering is my jam.

5 days is insane. Shows your dedication to the build though. Like the addition of the shemagh.
Did you make the visor yourself? If yes, how did you go about making it? Or was it bought ready made?

Just to clarify,
This is the suit I made in 5 days
wDjE71v.jpg

PaiganBoi, the visor for that suit was brought from icon props on Etsy, it's a simple film sheet that I cut into Andrew DFT's Visor template
The visor for MY helmet however, (Helmet was modeled by the talented Dutch Props, 3d Printed by the also talented Kaween) was made by Johnson Arms Props on Facebook

Nice. Will have to check them out. I am slowly building my own ODST and have been looking for options for my visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back